HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow ... Sad
Old 03-25-2015, 02:51 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Wish I had some rotors on hand just so I could put them in the mail to you tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:08 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

I want to thank everyone who PM'd me. My faith in rennlist is restored. I was told to keep it anonymous but a local rennlist member supplied me with the rotors I need for the time being. My biggest concern is getting the ABS system up and running which hopefully I will be able to do in time for the advanced DE at Lightning and Thunderbolt in April.

KaiB, Not sure what happened here. You have been a respected member of this community not sure what compelled you but I believe enough has been said. Hopefully you will do the right thing and refund the money which is really so insignificant.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:36 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

This is one of the first time I ever hear about something like this on the 964 rennlist.
What happened??
Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 AM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry to hear about this, really didn't see this coming. Not sure why but the opinion I'd formed of kai, judging by his posts and the way he has helped anyone who has asked him, was that you had nothing to worry about! I'm sure there is gonna be a valid reason for this, let's face it though it's gonna have to be good. I've still got faith. Or am I too gullible......
Old 03-26-2015, 10:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Henrik964
This is one of the first time I ever hear about something like this on the 964 rennlist.
What happened??
I wish I knew.

I have gone over this a dozen different ways and I cannot figure out why he has done this. Like i said I always considered Kai to be a stand up guy so why he chose to do this is beyond me.

Everything was fine until the 4th when he promised to send the rotors out for the 6th time but guaranteed me they would go out that day. He started this thread the same day and I have not heard a word since no response to emails or PM's. It is not like he has disappeared he has just avoided me cashed my check and kept the rotors without explanation. I don't believe anything I said could be misconstrued or considered anything but courteous despite the excuses.

A simple explanation or heads up that he could not ship at all would have helped me to take alternate actions to complete my project on schedule. If he is reading this I still expect a response I deserve that at a minimum.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:36 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts

Must be sick, traveling or in jail.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:39 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Must be sick, traveling or in jail.
That was my initial thought but he has been posting right along without any response to my emails.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:20 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Not what I expected to see when I clicked this link. I thought I was going to hear about taking out a passenger seat or something similar. I hope Kai is ok and that whatever is going on gets resolved.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:13 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tony, please accept my apologies. I've been out of the loop and the box is still in
Aud's car. Weiner just phoned and gave me heads up.

No excuses, just fact, I screwed the pooch on this one. From here on out, if I sell anything to a RL'er, I will send it and ask for payment after he receives it.

I will get a check out to you in the morning mail Tony and raise a glass to those of you who know me.

As to whomever wrote: "Maybe redefined the term to ****tard.", you don't know me, my heart or my desire to help others. You know where I live, so if you still have a problem with me in your little urban way, just come on down, I'm easy to find.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts

I see you got bailed out

I kid, I kid
Old 03-26-2015, 03:37 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Glad to hear you are all right.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:34 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KaiB
Tony, please accept my apologies. I've been out of the loop and the box is still in
Aud's car. Weiner just phoned and gave me heads up.

No excuses, just fact, I screwed the pooch on this one. From here on out, if I sell anything to a RL'er, I will send it and ask for payment after he receives it.

I will get a check out to you in the morning mail Tony and raise a glass to those of you who know me.

As to whomever wrote: "Maybe redefined the term to ****tard.", you don't know me, my heart or my desire to help others. You know where I live, so if you still have a problem with me in your little urban way, just come on down, I'm easy to find.
Kai,

I have to admit I was a bit taken aback. I am usually good at reading people on these forums and what transpired was concerning in many ways. My first thoughts and concern was something bad happened to you as it did not seem like your nature to be anything less than helpful. It pained me to write the responses and I held off as long as I could but the lack of response and my situation forced my hand. I figured you were either dead or in the hospital. When I saw you were still posting on the DE forums I figured you were avoiding me but I tired to hold off any bashing since there had to be a logical explanation.

I was distracted myself with the loss of my mother-in-law and personal issues so I figured it wasn't worth pressuring you somehow that appears to be the overlap point when communication broke down. I was a bit confused why you posted this thread and then did not respond but 16 days had lapsed until I had seen it and I will accept your explanation in the PM you sent.

It would appear it was a series of unfortunate mistakes and lets leave it at that.

Everyone can leave now nothing to see here.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:55 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nah Tony, let the thread run.

As Bill V. has the final word on gearing and brake ratios, you and others have the word on builds at the moment, everybody seems to be running the proper oil now and all of our track guys seem to be happy, where are we to go?

Usually my screw-ups are major (just ask 'Lil Audrey or Weiner)...I'll take all the bashing I deserve right here; you may even label me a ****tard as I've earned it from you....but that other N.J. boy should reconsider.

There....I started it again.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KaiB
Nah Tony, let the thread run.

As Bill V. has the final word on gearing and brake ratios, you and others have the word on builds at the moment, everybody seems to be running the proper oil now and all of our track guys seem to be happy, where are we to go?

Usually my screw-ups are major (just ask 'Lil Audrey or Weiner)...I'll take all the bashing I deserve right here; you may even label me a ****tard as I've earned it from you....but that other N.J. boy should reconsider.

There....I started it again.
Us Jersey boys look out for each other. No need to continue the drama. Glad we can work things out around here. After all we are nothing more than one huge dysfunctional family.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm a Bad Man....