Sponsored by:

Porsche classic releases new classic car radio w/nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:05 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSub Dan
I'll believe it when I see it. They've been promising this thing in the US for years. Still not available.
Now they're saying Q1 2016. PCA Spotlight: What you need to know about Porsche Classic's Radio
Old 01-15-2016, 06:08 AM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

It works great and the size and position of the sat nav really is no problem at all!
Sorry for the crappy pic, the only one I got and the car is alseep during

the winter!

My sat nav! But is that a 964? It sure looks lika a 964 CCU anyway!
Old 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

any updates on availability ?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:44 AM
RobertPaulson
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no idea why anyone would bother with this, period blaupunkt and a dsp would be cheaper and better - actual period looks, streaming spotify, live googlemaps and handsfree phone...

you can even use siri on an iphone and have a better voice activated system than in the latest modern cars. get a flic button and you could even have wheel mounted volume/music/sat nav using ifttt
Old 02-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Ad0911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertPaulson
no idea why anyone would bother with this, period blaupunkt and a dsp would be cheaper and better - actual period looks, streaming spotify, live googlemaps and handsfree phone...

you can even use siri on an iphone and have a better voice activated system than in the latest modern cars. get a flic button and you could even have wheel mounted volume/music/sat nav using ifttt
I am not ashamed to admit not having a clue what you are talking about. DSP as in digital signal processing seems like software to me
Old 02-11-2016, 03:22 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

LOL...+1 is that the same as my iPhone?

Originally Posted by Ad0911
I am not ashamed to admit not having a clue what you are talking about. DSP as in digital signal processing seems like software to me
Old 02-12-2016, 10:17 AM
RobertPaulson
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DSP – Digital Sound Processor

this will explain it better than i can..
http://www.studioincar.com/digital-h...alogue-bodies/

basically you can bluetooth your phone into your existing headunit. This lets you either play your own music, stream from spotify/deezer etc.
https://www.spotify.com/uk/

googlemaps sat nav with live traffic is handsdown better than any current manufacturer satnav system and will constantly be updated free

siri is actually pretty good as a handsfree assistant (ring my wife, direct me home, open spotify and play etc.)

flic buttons are very handy if you miss steering wheel mounted controls on satnav/stereo system also
https://flic.io/ifttt

horses for courses obviously but i think not many people are aware you can come up with a solution miles better in functionality and period looks than the porsche classic stereo for less

Quick Reply: Porsche classic releases new classic car radio w/nav