Sponsored by:

help needed, no air out of dash vents after heater blower removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 07:07 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help needed, no air out of dash vents after heater blower removal

Finally got my car back on the road, I've removed all the air con and the heater blower in the engine bay. Still waiting for the bypass pipe to arrive, however now nothing works with regards to the heater etc. I know I need to do something with the fuse but I thought it was just to stop a fault code not so that it would actually work, help pls! I'm hoping I haven't messed anything up, everything in and behind the dash are the only bits of the car that haven't been in pieces! Thanks in advance, Jim.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Is the temp dial on the CCU set to max cold or max hot? If not, then set it to either and try again.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:16 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If you remove the heater blower motor, your hvac will not work properly. You need to fool the CCU by having 12v to contact 87 where the relay is plugged in. Do a search here on Rennlist, use "bypass pipe or heater bypass pipe".

Old 01-17-2015, 08:31 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure it's completely dead regardless of temp settings although half way to the mot station I'm sure I heard the blowers come on for a bit, when I'd searched the problems seemed to be around error codes etc I'll give this a try and report back
Old 01-17-2015, 09:01 PM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Scroll down.

http://eurostyle-tuning.com/forum/sh...d-Thread/page2
Old 01-18-2015, 04:53 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

And since you activated the CCU without the relay-fix the error codes now have kicked in. So you need a hammer-tool to clear them, it wont work without clearing them. It's not enough to disconnect the battery.

Thomas
Old 01-18-2015, 06:02 AM
tdiquattro
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

as you have removed the A/C it will be easier to copy my mod, see the end of this thread... it gives the same result.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ss-tube-3.html
Old 01-18-2015, 11:30 AM
DobermanDad
Drifting

I'm having issues fitting my Rennline duct. Can't get the lower lip to seal. May have to send it back. Was your figment pretty straight forward?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:27 PM
porsche mania
Pro

I've not fitted one yet, just removed everything ready for it. I was going to get a carbon one but found nothing but problems regarding fit and cracking after a period after time. I did read that heating the rubber fittings with a hot air gun helps but I think I'm gonna get the boring looking but flexible o.e one from Porsche.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:25 PM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Yeah, the OEM one was about the same as the carbon, so I just figured might as well get the carbon. I'm going to contact Rennline, a part this expensive shouldn't fit like this.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:27 PM
DobermanDad
Drifting

I have noticed no issues with my vents not working and I haven't even done the relay mod yet. Warmed the car up yesterday and I had heat (probably more is the duct would seal).
Old 01-18-2015, 04:39 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I got this faux OEM relay on mine and I haven't had a problem.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...pass-tube.html
Old 01-19-2015, 02:50 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

porsche mania, the Climate Control Unit will automatically shut down the two front blowers if the rear blower does not work when it's supposed to. It uses a feedback signal to supervise this, and you need to connect 12V to this to fool the CCU to believe that is is place.

Originally Posted by ThomasC2
And since you activated the CCU without the relay-fix the error codes now have kicked in. So you need a hammer-tool to clear them, it wont work without clearing them. It's not enough to disconnect the battery.
Thomas
Thomas, you are wrong. Any fault codes in the CCU will not affect its operation at all. The fault codes are there to help finding faults. There's several OBD diagnostic tools that can read and clear fault codes in the CCU: The Bosch KTS301 hammer, PST-2, PIWIS, Jenniskens xDT99 and Durametric.

Cheers,
Tore
Old 01-19-2015, 04:15 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Tore, I wrote ""Bosch Hammer" as a name for all these tools. I myself use the Rennlist scantool kit. Your probably right since you know this stuff. But...this was from my own experience when I removed my rear blower. I tried different set ups before I learned about the relay fixes that are common now a days. Every time I turned on the heat, or fan stage 4, the CCU shut down and I had to clear the codes before I could to another test run. The same thing happend on a friends car and we deleted the codes and the CCU came live. So it isn't maybe the the error codes but it at least helped to reset the codes I got.

Thomas
Old 01-19-2015, 05:06 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

Thomas, thanks for the clarification.
The CCU will be reset after an diagnostics session. This is the same that happens when switching the ignition off. (and wait to let the CCU switch off)
There are some differences in behaviour in the CCU versions, but I guess most of them will continue in the "rear fan missing fail safe" mode until reset.
Cheers,
Tore

Quick Reply: help needed, no air out of dash vents after heater blower removal