Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to or with you 964 today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^Wow, sorry to hear that. Sound painful. Hopefully it heals up quick.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:58 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixter
Not surprising considering the rarity and condition of your car.
Thanks for the compliment.

I suspect it is a really slow time for collector's plate applications.

I am itching to drive her so I will likely be taking her out in the rain sometime this long weekend.

With the amazing warm weather I have had to park my daily driver (Audi S6) as it has winter tires on. I have had to insure and drive my wife's summer car (350z convertible) in the rain. Man she is a handful to drive (the car that is).
Old 02-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by canuck964
I am itching to drive her so I will likely be taking her out in the rain sometime this long weekend.
With the amazing warm weather I have had to park my daily driver (Audi S6) as it has winter tires on. I have had to insure and drive my wife's summer car (350z convertible) in the rain. Man she is a handful to drive (the car that is).
Seems that in recent years we rarely go below freezing here...just mild and wet. I'll take that over what they're getting in the east.

How does your C4 compare to the 350Z in the rain?
Old 02-07-2015, 04:55 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixter
Seems that in recent years we rarely go below freezing here...just mild and wet. I'll take that over what they're getting in the east.

How does your C4 compare to the 350Z in the rain?
C4 is very stable. Very rare that I can drift the rear end.

350z on the other hand I have to be very careful on the throttle.

I am more used to driving all wheel drive cars as my daily driver, the Audi S6, is an all wheel drive.

All my other daily drivers for 10 plus years have been all wheel drive.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:54 AM
Vancleef
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Powerflex rear bushings installed today. Well drivers side only since 2 pieces broke during install. Emailed Powerflex about it. Will be waiting for their response.

The install didnt take too long, and I did it with the arm still on the car. Hardest part was finding a way to remove the bushing with a press. Good ole hammer and punch slowly and steadily until my hands were killing me.
Attached Images     
Old 02-13-2015, 10:28 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Started my interior mods to clean up the race car. Didn't get very far but hope I can take advantage of it being a company holiday on President's Day.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:42 AM
fasterlaster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replace the blower motor fan in the engine compartment and air temp sensor in the air duct. Pretty easy job, and cheaper than the $400 full assembly. One thing I noticed was that the engine seemed to decelerate slower with a non-working blower and bad sensor. I think the ECU believed the engine was cold.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:44 AM
fasterlaster
Racer

Originally Posted by Vancleef
Powerflex rear bushings installed today. Well drivers side only since 2 pieces broke during install. Emailed Powerflex about it. Will be waiting for their response.

The install didnt take too long, and I did it with the arm still on the car. Hardest part was finding a way to remove the bushing with a press. Good ole hammer and punch slowly and steadily until my hands were killing me.
I did the front months ago, but held off on the rear since I didn't feel like removing the arm. Was the extra aggravation worth not having to remove the arm?
Old 02-14-2015, 02:34 AM
StopLookGo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YaHoo!
Fixed my door lock issue last weekend- when I went to lock the car the tumbler pulled out with the key- now it's fixed and good as new! Never pulled a door panel before- pretty simple and fun stuff.

Hope to hardwire my Valentine 1 this weekend and continue to diagnose the cause for my ABS not working properly.
Where/how are you planning to route the wiring for the Valentine 1?
Old 02-14-2015, 03:13 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I looked at her, sitting under a layer of 3 weeks of dust (we had two sand storms - so it's a thick layer)... and looked up why her two coil ignition modules haven't arrived yet.

Since I'm off to Jordan for the week, it'll be another week before she's back on the road.

Sigh - I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

The only cure is Rennlist!
Old 02-15-2015, 01:17 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spent yesterday fitting some refurbished 993 calipers to the rear to balance up the 993 front calipers that went on last year. That also meant new rotors for the rear and new Brembo HP2000 brake pads all round. Seeing as everything had to come off at the rear I decided to fit new brake shields on the rear. This was the most time consuming bit because most of the screws that secure the shields were so badly corroded that I had to saw through them to get them off. It's always the unexpected little things that turn a simple job into a slog.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Vancleef
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fasterlaster
I did the front months ago, but held off on the rear since I didn't feel like removing the arm. Was the extra aggravation worth not having to remove the arm?
The rubber for the rears is so much easier to remove due to some parts not being used and the ring you pop off of the center piece has all the rubber on it. The only hard part for myself was removing the bushing from the arm. Cleaning the rubber out of the arm isn't to bad, but the angle can get tiring. I tried a c clamp to push it through, didn't work. I ended up slowly punching it out with a hammer and punch. I didn't want to remove the rear shock bolt so I removed the spring plate bolts and bushing bolt only. I wouldn't want to remove the arm because of the axle,caliper, ebrake, etc.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:55 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Spent yesterday fitting some refurbished 993 calipers to the rear to balance up the 993 front calipers that went on last year. That also meant new rotors for the rear and new Brembo HP2000 brake pads all round. Seeing as everything had to come off at the rear I decided to fit new brake shields on the rear. This was the most time consuming bit because most of the screws that secure the shields were so badly corroded that I had to saw through them to get them off. It's always the unexpected little things that turn a simple job into a slog.
993 brake system on a 964 is a great upgrade! Well played.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:30 PM
Greg_V
Instructor

Full weekend of cars with kids. Had a great 6 hour tour around Mt Hood in Oregon on Sunday with sunny skies and dry roads the whole way.

Don't get the 964 crushed at the monster truck show

Packard Super 8

Classic car parade at Multnomah Falls

My 964 at Timberline Lodge. No snow this year out West.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:34 PM
sy0296
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

removed the frunk carpets, detialed it a little, and installed a strut brace

Quick Reply: What did you do to or with you 964 today?