Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to or with you 964 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:56 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also sometimes want to PC the lips to brushed or matte silver. But everytime I polish them I just forget those thoughts. It will looks great on your car. Your stance is tip top and gloss black on flat black looks great.

I didn't go last year but I did go the year before. At the moment I doubt I will make it this year. I'm hoping to go with a few R32 friends to ride the tail of the dragon in NC around that time. You should come with.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Burnt the clutch taking on a Cayman R... smoke everywhere.

After letting it cool a few seconds I could take off again in second slowly.

Seemed ok when I got home, except for the smell.

Excellent drive apart from that.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:41 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a great day with my 964 today, after three years off the road for a complete rebuild I drove it for the first time. The only thing that could have made it any better was if I hadn't started the long and painful job of running it in! Still smiling though.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Captain Ahab Jr.
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s4magman
I did nothing to my 964 today. Couldn't bring it with me to the beach.

Nassau, Bahamas
Looking at the island in the background you staying at one of the hotels on Cable Beach as that island to the right of your right big toe looks like Balmoral Island

When you take the road to Nassau there is very sharp righthand corner called 'Go Slow Bend' about halfway along the coast.

I spent my youth snorkelling off there most days after school
Old 01-18-2015, 09:13 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Ahab Jr.
Looking at the island in the background you staying at one of the hotels on Cable Beach as that island to the right of your right big toe looks like Balmoral Island

When you take the road to Nassau there is very sharp righthand corner called 'Go Slow Bend' about halfway along the coast.

I spent my youth snorkelling off there most days after school
Wow - spot on! Yep Cable Beach.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Greg_V
Instructor

After 2" of rain in 24 hours, rear footwells are still dry. Permatex flowable silicone did the trick to repair the rear window seal. Pulled the tape off the sunroof to confirm no leaks from the drains. So far so good, though only scattered showers today. Hose test tomorrow. Hope for a dry cabin springs eternal.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:15 AM
964Lovac
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Alex
I'm hoping to go with a few R32 friends to ride the tail of the dragon in NC around that time. You should come with.
Let me know if you come down to the dragon, I am not too far away in Atlanta!

Was just back home in NY and miss it a lot, but driving the 964 yesterday in the glorious weather we had down here can't be beat. But I do miss the skiing!

I finally got my cult werk ducts painted and installed (both by yours truly!). Really happy with the fit and finish, now thinking of getting the RS center bumper piece.

Name:  lB6Yeez.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  369.3 KB
Old 01-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dubjager
Let me know if you come down to the dragon, I am not too far away in Atlanta!

Was just back home in NY and miss it a lot, but driving the 964 yesterday in the glorious weather we had down here can't be beat. But I do miss the skiing!
Will do!. I was going to make a thread leading up to the date in hope of getting a small rennlist member get together.

I'm envious of the glorious weather. Icy rain yesterday, and snow again Wednesday.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:01 PM
hans57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove mine! Here in Columbus OH, when January gives me a sunny day at almost 50 degrees and washed roadways from a previous rain, I am driving! Ah....... felt so good.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:53 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Ordered a case of Brad Penn 20/50, plus some Luqui Moly products too.

Went to Cars and Coffee over the weekend....
Old 01-24-2015, 02:48 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did some minor maintenance by replacing a window switch that has been acting up for ages. I secided to buy Porsche original rather than an OEM because experience has shown that originals always work with no issues and are therefore worth the extra cost. I also decided it was time to swap the very worn gear shifter. I went for an original RS one which sits slightly higher than a standard one. The RS short shift that I've had for a while now, snicks through the gears even better with the extra leverage. As confirmed on the subsequent hour test drive on country roads that I just had to do!

Original shifter:

New RS shifter:

Old 01-25-2015, 12:06 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Did some minor maintenance by replacing a window switch that has been acting up for ages. I secided to buy Porsche original rather than an OEM because experience has shown that originals always work with no issues and are therefore worth the extra cost. I also decided it was time to swap the very worn gear shifter. I went for an original RS one which sits slightly higher than a standard one. The RS short shift that I've had for a while now, snicks through the gears even better with the extra leverage. As confirmed on the subsequent hour test drive on country roads that I just had to do!

Original shifter:

New RS shifter:

Nicely done!
Old 01-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Vancleef
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just finished installing the Chris Walrod front bushings. The difference is amazing! I'll be installing power flex rear bushings this coming week. The job was a pain without a proper torch, but after purchasing one it was cake.

I didn't get an after shot but I cleaned them up nicely.
Attached Images    
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Had a day off today because of snow, so after a couple of hours of snow blowing and shoveling I went out to the garage and screwed around for a few cold minutes.

Test fit my freshly powder coated fan pulley, the gold zinc plating wasn't holding up.

I finished up my diy hot air intake.😉

And my latest mod arrived today.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 AM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pulled the cover off of one corner of the fender to look at the perfect paint on the targa while debating the idea of attempting a engine drop on the old sc on the lift. I just went back inside. Too goddamn cold.

Quick Reply: What did you do to or with you 964 today?