Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to or with you 964 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:43 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tdiquattro
Today the latest in the neverending refurb.... finish the replacement fuel line install (old one was rusted through), new bushes for the shifter, rear ARB upgrade to C2, and started the electric power steering pump install for the conversion. Thought it would be difficult but it has been straightforward so far.

May finally get the car finished this month! Once done I will post up a thread with all the work .
Make sure you do
Have you had any thoughts on how you want to wire the pump 'sense' signal wire? ie run it from term X or term E or only when the engine is running?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:42 AM
tdiquattro
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Rob, I have the hydraulic connections on the rack and routed, slightly different with the C4 diff up there, and the pump bracket needs some thought.

On the drawings it is the blue wire, alternator feed, just trying to confirm a power feed that represents engine running, I have looked at the definitions of the X and others, as a key position, but not sure that is what I need?

I had looked at time delay relays as well, fixed 12v, to ensure the engine has fired up and settled, maybe 5 secs?

Researching at the mo, what did you choose in the end? I also want it integrated in the loom where possible, so will try to find an appearance in the front area to pick up.

Edit to add.. It appears at the old alarm controller (blue wires) rhs behind firewall, and at pin 27 (blue) of the ABS controller, so should be in the loom just above where your pump is located. Will test it to see how it behaves.

Last edited by tdiquattro; 01-12-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:35 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Added a GoPro mount to the roll bar...

Old 01-14-2015, 01:33 AM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixter
I submitted my application for Collector Plates.
I am going to do the same thing this week.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:57 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tdiquattro
Hi Rob, I have the hydraulic connections on the rack and routed, slightly different with the C4 diff up there, and the pump bracket needs some thought.

On the drawings it is the blue wire, alternator feed, just trying to confirm a power feed that represents engine running, I have looked at the definitions of the X and others, as a key position, but not sure that is what I need?

I had looked at time delay relays as well, fixed 12v, to ensure the engine has fired up and settled, maybe 5 secs?

Researching at the mo, what did you choose in the end? I also want it integrated in the loom where possible, so will try to find an appearance in the front area to pick up.

Edit to add.. It appears at the old alarm controller (blue wires) rhs behind firewall, and at pin 27 (blue) of the ABS controller, so should be in the loom just above where your pump is located. Will test it to see how it behaves.
I too wanted it to only run when the engine is running. You can do this via the DME relay. The Motronic only switches the fuel pump circuit once it sees the motor turning The controller on my pump appears to have a 2 second delay built in so its never running whilst cranking the the engine. I always integrate any wiring changes back into the loom. Stray wires zip tied here and there brings out my OCD rash Let me know if you need more info.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 AM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robt964
I too wanted it to only run when the engine is running. You can do this via the DME relay. The Motronic only switches the fuel pump circuit once it sees the motor turning The controller on my pump appears to have a 2 second delay built in so its never running whilst cranking the the engine. I always integrate any wiring changes back into the loom. Stray wires zip tied here and there brings out my OCD rash Let me know if you need more info.
I'm about to tackle the e-power steering mod. I have Dawes mounting kit and lines but yet have to figure out how to wire this thing up. I'd like to see some of your solutions.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:29 PM
tdiquattro
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by robt964
Thanks Rob, I hope to get time to finish it off at the weekend, so will post up some pics for all to see when I am done I will see how the blue alternator line behaves.

Waiting for a couple of AN6 fittings to come in the post.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:54 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

I did nothing to my 964 today. Couldn't bring it with me to the beach.

Nassau, Bahamas
Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Badluck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Busy day:
changed the clutch fluid
replaced front hood struts
installed powdercoated wiper arms
Old 01-15-2015, 06:39 PM
Greg_V
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

installed new reverse bulbs; checked for pooling water behind the driver/passenger seats. dry so far after a day of scattered showers. hope springs eternal for a dry 964.

and, @s4magman,
Old 01-15-2015, 08:30 PM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Today I continued with my annual winter P-Car maintenance ( it comes off the road from November thru May). I'm in the middle of a complete brake overhaul (new rotors, caliper rebuild all around, new pads and emergency brake shoes etc, etc) but today I was just cleaning up the splash guards that go on the inside of each rotor. I know I've never had them off in 13 years so they were due for some TLC! Fortunately they were still reasonably solid so it's just been scraping, sanding, brushing and painting all afternoon.

I just use spray cans of semi-gloss black rust paint for all these little bits under the car. While I was at it, I re-sprayed the black bottom trim on the shark fins and touched up their metal support brackets. I will get to the bottoms of the lower side trim pieces later.

Cheers!

Jim G.
Attached Images   
Old 01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my new rear wiper arm and new set of double-spring front wipers in the post today, along with a Schumacher SL1 battery booster (car doesn't like it when it gets below -20C) and a new light-fob & key that I have to take to get cut somewhere.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:56 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Took my wheels apart to have the lips powder coated gloss black.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mmmmm gloss black on flat black. Can't wait to see at C&C.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:19 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Alex
Mmmmm gloss black on flat black. Can't wait to see at C&C.
I'm tired of maintaining the polish and I love black wheels anyway. Can't wait for the salt to be gone so I can drive again. Are you going to hershey? I've tried to get there for the last two years, I'm definitely going this year.

Quick Reply: What did you do to or with you 964 today?