964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tit-Wagon - 964C2

Old 12-13-2014, 06:30 AM
vasculardoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see another Australian 964 on RL. There don't seem to be many of us. Maybe we should start a sub group of some kind so we can help each other find parts etc.

Mark
Old 12-13-2014, 05:53 PM
964tit
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Great posts. Car's looking fab.
Originally Posted by Blue Haze
Great to see the car thrive in your care - nice pics!
Originally Posted by Tmistry
Great post and awesome job resurrecting your 964. As many said, it looked good when you bought it, but you've been a dutiful owner. I'm sure your car is appreciative. Very cool.
Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Was thinking the exact same thing.

Welcome to RL. Great intro post. Looks like the car found the right owner!
Originally Posted by JV911
you had me at hello
Originally Posted by Mr.Alex
Some crisp rolling shots. Enjoy the car. Surely there will be some headaches down the road, but its all worth it.
Thanks all!

Originally Posted by Goughary
Tit wagon?
Originally Posted by -nick
^What he said. ? I'm surprised that made it past the nanny-software.

Looking great! Care to offer up some impressions on the spin in the 356?

Also-
"I never had any issues with cooling or oil pressure though. Indeed, it takes quite a while to get up to temp."
Possible the thermostat is not closing all the way? I just pulled mine apart to replace the piston/spring insert after it stuck closed. The temp gauge warmed surprisingly quickly with it not opening at all.
Yep - I've been going by this nickname/handle online for 15 years. I'm on several forums and haven't had any issues until RL - where I couldn't register the nickname! It's a silly nickname from school that's stuck.

Re: the 356...It's just had an engine re-build, and a few other bits and pieces, like clutch and so on. My main thoughts:
  • The car felt quite light.
  • It turned quite crisply.
  • The steering wheel was quite big and pressed against my legs - seat adjustment wasn't that vast.
  • The raked speedster windscreen was quite low, so I got a wind-blasted/sunburnt forehead :P
  • The brakes were terrible, and as the car was quite under-powered, it was quite challenging to maintain and re-gain momentum through the twisties. This is where learning about how the car behaved could be the most rewarding.
  • The shift was vague and notchy at the same time - hard to explain that one. I didn't miss any gears or anything like that! :P

Imagine more refined beetle that felt lighter. I was surprised how 'not-old' it felt...

The owner quasi-dailies this car (!! I know!!) - he travels a lot, so it probably sees week long spurts of use every month or so. The paint is screaming for some attention. I just wanted to beg him to let me clean it for him! haha...

Originally Posted by vasculardoc
Nice to see another Australian 964 on RL. There don't seem to be many of us. Maybe we should start a sub group of some kind so we can help each other find parts etc.

Mark
Thanks Mark. I assume you know about PFA?
Old 12-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Jon Hansen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work so far mate!
I used to own a bodyshop, and can tell you that a bit of buffing should settle your white color difference nicely.
You would swear we used the wrong color once you put a fresh white panel back on someones car, but a bit of cross rubbing makes all the difference in the world. Don't forget the rub out your new decklid at the same time to tone down some of its newness.
Cheers!
Old 12-14-2014, 10:58 PM
964tit
Instructor

Thanks! I've ordered a random orbital polisher just in time for Christmas break.

You might be able to tell me about the complexity of filling a hole in the front right fender. At some point in its life someone drilled a 3/4 inch hole in it to fit a retractable antenna. I'd like to get rid of it and go back to the windscreen antenna.

Originally Posted by Jon Hansen
Nice work so far mate!
I used to own a bodyshop, and can tell you that a bit of buffing should settle your white color difference nicely.
You would swear we used the wrong color once you put a fresh white panel back on someones car, but a bit of cross rubbing makes all the difference in the world. Don't forget the rub out your new decklid at the same time to tone down some of its newness.
Cheers!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:16 AM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't believe I missed this thread...especially with the clever title. Great pics of all the work you've put into her. She looks stunning.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:02 AM
964tit
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mixter
Can't believe I missed this thread...especially with the clever title. Great pics of all the work you've put into her. She looks stunning.
Cheers!

I have a list here for the Christmas break...hopefully I can get through it...

- Gearbox oil change
- Oil Change
- Rebuild Power Steering Pump
- Pull off tint (maybe...haven't decided yet)
- Paint correction + seal + wax
- Remove amp and clean up the stereo wiring
Old 03-12-2015, 01:35 AM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Great looking C2 and I like what you've done with it.

Question for 964tit... Are those standard Cup I's (17x7 & 9" with 55 offset) and if so, what wheel spacers are you using. I like the way your wheels fill out the wheel wells and was curious what spacers/adapters you were using. I just ordered 5mm for the front and 15mm for the rear and wanted to compare. I am also running CUP I's.

Thanks!!
Bryan
Old 03-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Loving the GPW and all the work you've put into it.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:06 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 335 Posts

This thread is like finding my doppelganger. I couldnt get rid of my tail fast enough either.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2015, 05:15 PM
964tit
Instructor

Originally Posted by x98boardwell
Great looking C2 and I like what you've done with it.

Question for 964tit... Are those standard Cup I's (17x7 & 9" with 55 offset) and if so, what wheel spacers are you using. I like the way your wheels fill out the wheel wells and was curious what spacers/adapters you were using. I just ordered 5mm for the front and 15mm for the rear and wanted to compare. I am also running CUP I's.

Thanks!!
Bryan
Hi Bryan. They are replicas that came with the car. No spacers. I do think they have lower offsets than oem Cup 1's. They are heavy so I'm looking forward to getting something lighter.

Originally Posted by Vandit
I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Loving the GPW and all the work you've put into it.
Cheers!

Originally Posted by John McM
This thread is like finding my doppelganger. I couldnt get rid of my tail fast enough either.
Hey John. I've enjoyed your thread(s). My wife and I have been talking about living in NZ for a few years now. You live in paradise as far a I can tell! Hopefully one day!

Regarding the car. I completed most of the stuff on my last post. Had the a clutch bleed and PS pump rebuilt but frustratingly both the steering and clutch are still heavy.

Right now I'm in Melbourne. Drove the 700km on Thursday to come see the F1. The car didn't miss a beat! Meeting up with a few other p-car people this morning so might see how their car feel to compare...
Old 03-14-2015, 01:16 AM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. If you know what offset they are at some point PM me.. I just bought spacers but their a week out. Here is mine without any at this point... hard to tell from the side view but both need to come out a bit. Mine are factory Cup I's and have 55 offset on both. 17x7 & 9".
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:10 PM
964tit
Instructor

Sure.

I'm currently 700km away from my car. I think they are millie miglia reps, if you find any details on those?

Thanks for the info. If you know what offset they are at some point PM me.. I just bought spacers but their a week out. Here is mine without any at this point... hard to tell from the side view but both need to come out a bit. Mine are factory Cup I's and have 55 offset on both. 17x7 & 9".
Old 03-14-2015, 07:15 PM
964tit
Instructor

So I drove the car 700km to Melbourne for the F1. It ran perfectly.

I got to meet up with a few local P-car owners. Two of the guys here brought their '64s. One black RS and another car identical to mine. Including the dark blue interior. We swapped keys and took the two white cars around the block to compare. Which was interesting.

Heading into Albert park now to watch Merc dominate again; much to the dismay of sea of Ricciardo fans!

Last edited by 964tit; 03-14-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

That is one pretty cab.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:30 PM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Overdraft ^

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tit-Wagon - 964C2