993 Cabriolet rear seats and belt set in 964 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 10:16 PM
vasculardoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Cabriolet rear seats and belt set in 964 Cab

Hi All,

Hs anyone got any experience of doing this....?

My 1990 C4 Cab has no rear seats in it - but has belt points etc....seems the PO must have removed them at some stage. It is not a factory rear seat delete I don't think. It has been fine with child seats in it for the kids for occasional rides.

My kids are both getting to the size now where actually sitting in the rear seats could be ok - but I really want a lap/sash seat belt, rather than just the lap belt. I understand the 993 Cab has a centre mounted sash that is attached to the seat framing in the middle, and that this may be a "plug and play" option for a 964 that has a virgin back seat space ?

Does anyone have any experience of doing this, and/or has anyone got any thoughts about where I can source a whole rear seat assembly out of a 993 - preferably in Australia, but USA would be fine if someone would ship to AUstralia by a slow boat (ie cheap !)

Mark
Old 11-26-2014, 05:12 AM
hot66
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure it would be different, but I fitted the U.S. spec 993 rear can seat and belt assy into my uk 993 cab which only came with lap belts

It required drilling mounting holes into the rear seat tunnel and bolting all in place from underneath

Detailed it on 911uk forum years ago

Difficult but was sourcing a matching leather rear seats assy
Old 02-28-2015, 02:00 AM
oz-993
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Hot66. I'm really interested in seeing the specifics of what you did, but I can't find the thread on the 911uk forum to replace the folding rear 993 seat-backs with the US import version to allow a 3-point harness. Any chance you can point me at the thread or re-post the instructions on this thread?

I have found a set of seats with frame that I can use, so the sourcing piece is sorted.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 993 Cabriolet rear seats and belt set in 964 Cab