Sponsored by:

hidden speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:33 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hidden speakers

I have been toying with the idea of getting the RS door cards for my car.

I do very much like the clean look, but it got me thinking about the speakers. I really would not want to put speakers in a RS door card.

Not that I am that much into music, but I do like my stereo and listening to it - so i got to thinking about re-locating the speakers.

I saw over on stanceworks that Jason has 'hidden kick panel speakers' - but there was no pictures

I also read somewhere that a guy in Germany had put speakers where the rear seats go - but no drilling or extra holes?

So i was wondering what have you rennlisters done with your speakers (front in particular) to hide them? Under seat? Kick panels?
Old 11-22-2014, 09:05 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hiding all the speakers would be difficult, and even more so to actually get decent sound. High frequencies are directional sounds, so it pretty much needs to have an unobstructed path from the speaker to your ear. Low frequencies are non directional, so thats why subs can kind of go wherever.

Have you thought about doing a perforation in the rs cards? Seems like that could be a cool look.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:32 AM
JV911
Drifting

It's easy to relocate the tweeter - either get coaxials or put the tweeters in the air vents. I chose the former with some minimalist speaker grates. Wouldn't be too hard to trim over the speakers with some perforated vinyl
Old 11-23-2014, 03:47 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tried it. Too shallow for anything you would actually want to listen to. Black grilles are about as inoffensive as I could go
Old 11-23-2014, 04:45 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

thanks guys. I might just try disconnecting the front speakers and just run around with only the back speakers and see what it's like.
Geez, in my younger days - that's all we ever had and it was good enough then !
Old 11-24-2014, 10:24 AM
dsan
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought Jason's car so I have the hidden speakers behind the rs door cards. If you enjoy listening to good quality sounding music, I'd skip doing it that way. It looks killer but like vagluv stated, your highs are gone. I don't mind it at all just because I prefer the sound of air-cooled goodness but it's not the way you want to go if you're going after good sound. You can hear them but it's more of an afterthought.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:50 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another idea (and not perfect for your needs) would be to mount the mid range in kick builds. have a look at this link. You have to be handy with the glass fibre...

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index...-thread/page-1

Chris
Old 11-24-2014, 02:49 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dsan
I bought Jason's car so I have the hidden speakers behind the rs door cards. If you enjoy listening to good quality sounding music, I'd skip doing it that way. It looks killer but like vagluv stated, your highs are gone. I don't mind it at all just because I prefer the sound of air-cooled goodness but it's not the way you want to go if you're going after good sound. You can hear them but it's more of an afterthought.
lucky you !! awesome car. Thanks for the feedback on the speakers
Old 11-24-2014, 02:50 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deutschland-dobson
Another idea (and not perfect for your needs) would be to mount the mid range in kick builds. have a look at this link. You have to be handy with the glass fibre...

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index...-thread/page-1

Chris
thanks Chris - I'll check it out.

Quick Reply: hidden speakers