Looking for some help with headlight wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:24 AM
ChaoticBliss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for some help with headlight wiring

Hey Guys,

This is a follow up to another thread I had a while ago where I was debating what to do about my headlights. Basically I bought the car with a HID setup that was installed pretty poorly and I really don’t like the look. The car originally came with H5’s but I’d like to switch to H4’s. My stock wiring harness was cutoff for the HID install so I don’t have anything to reference off of. I have 3 wires coming out of the grommet (white, yellow and brown) which I believe are the stock wires. I have a set of the H5 to H4 conversion harnesses from PP and I’m assuming I can just cut that in half and solder the H4 connector to my stock wires. Is this correct? Can anyone tell me which color wire would go where on either the H5 or H4 plug?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2014, 01:09 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The brown wire is ground (earth) depending where you are located. The 2 other wires are for high and low beam. Start the car and turn on the lights with the plug disconnected from the lamp, then check which wire has power at low and then high beam. Now you know how to wire up the H4 plug. That said, I would highly recommend to install relays, it makes a world of difference. I followed Daniel Stern's step by step instructions, which made the whole installation a walk in the park.

Quick Reply: Looking for some help with headlight wiring