Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where in the world was vagluv for the past week?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:01 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by August West
Glad you had a great trip...nothing beats these 964s for extended road trips. I myself did a 6000 mile trip when I first got my car and had zero problems. What a bonding experience between a man and his machine!
thank you. i couldn't agree more. The only limitation is the amount of things you can fit inside, which can become a problem when you bring your comfortable camping gear along. Wow 6000 miles, I can't even imagine! I will say that one thing that really surprised me on this trip is that i did not get uncomfortable in the seat at all. Typically after a few hours I will need to shift my body at least a little bit to stay comfortable, but the 911 seat seems to be designed just right.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:35 AM
YaHoo!
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great trip and pictures vagluv. I want to go on a serious road trip in my 964 now!

Next week I'll join my Dad and brother in the Ozarks of Arkanasas to drive some of the awesome roads there at Porsche Palooza! Then my Dad and I will fly to San Diego to pick up my new 964 (found one finally) and drive up the CA coast together. Not near as sensational as your trip but should be a good little teaser.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:36 AM
HSL
Intermediate

Always love a great road trip. I enjoyed looking at all your pictures. Reminded me of my trip from Miami to Seattle
Old 10-31-2014, 01:39 AM
964Lovac
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

great trip!! I've driven my 964 between Atlanta and upstate New York and I've come to the same conclusion, comfortable, fun and memorable!

Really love driving the 964 over great distances and totally agree about getting it dirty!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:24 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

So what's the story with the upside down speedo?
Old 10-31-2014, 06:42 AM
fasterlaster
Racer

Great trip report vagluv! I grew up in Mid TN area and this time of hear always makes me pine for the fall colors. This just makes me want to load up and drive even more.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:07 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YaHoo!
Great trip and pictures vagluv. I want to go on a serious road trip in my 964 now!

Next week I'll join my Dad and brother in the Ozarks of Arkanasas to drive some of the awesome roads there at Porsche Palooza! Then my Dad and I will fly to San Diego to pick up my new 964 (found one finally) and drive up the CA coast together. Not near as sensational as your trip but should be a good little teaser.
I guess I need to look into Porsche Palooza. I didn't realize it was that close to me. That sounds like a lot of fun though! I would love to have my 964 on the Cali coast, and am seriously thinking about trailering it out there for Monterey Car week next fall.

Originally Posted by HSL
Always love a great road trip. I enjoyed looking at all your pictures. Reminded me of my trip from Miami to Seattle

Originally Posted by dubjager
great trip!! I've driven my 964 between Atlanta and upstate New York and I've come to the same conclusion, comfortable, fun and memorable!

Really love driving the 964 over great distances and totally agree about getting it dirty!
These cars were just meant for driving.

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
So what's the story with the upside down speedo?
Momo wheel is smaller diameter than stock and it blocks the important parts of the speedo when it is right side up. Rotating allows me to see 20-140 or so.

Originally Posted by fasterlaster
Great trip report vagluv! I grew up in Mid TN area and this time of hear always makes me pine for the fall colors. This just makes me want to load up and drive even more.
Thanks! I had never seen them, and I certainly didn't catch them just right, but they were great none the less. Lots of gold, orange, and a little red too.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:27 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by vagluv
...Typically after a few hours I will need to shift my body at least a little bit to stay comfortable, but the 911 seat seems to be designed just right.
+911

I've pulled back into the garage many times after having driven the car for hours and just felt great... ready for more actually.

Thanks for sharing your adventure. I'm sure the sight of that red car made a lot of peoples day. Did you every see any other 964s on the highway?
Old 10-31-2014, 12:33 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome trip Sir! Glad to see Lufteknic got you right in and on your way. That Route 72 in West Virginia looks like it was a blast! Thanks for sharing the photos and your experience
Old 10-31-2014, 12:52 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
+911

I've pulled back into the garage many times after having driven the car for hours and just felt great... ready for more actually.

Thanks for sharing your adventure. I'm sure the sight of that red car made a lot of peoples day. Did you every see any other 964s on the highway?
Man, it really seemed to. Young and old alike. What a contrast from here in Dallas where no one pays any attention. Maybe it's something to do with there being more classic/exotic cars in this area. I didn't see any other 964s, I did see one 993, a 911, and just a few newer p cars.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:01 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Awesome trip Sir! Glad to see Lufteknic got you right in and on your way. That Route 72 in West Virginia looks like it was a blast! Thanks for sharing the photos and your experience
Yeah I cannot say enough good things about those guys. To top off the quick repair, the price was more than fair, which made the sting of an emergency repair a little better. 72 was very fun, and very rural. Lots of deer on that road, and at one point one was running next to the car. Luckily I was anticipating it to dart in front of the car, because thats exactly what it did. There is actually a youtube video of that road where a bear cub runs across the road.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:03 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Epic! Thanks for sharing. I'd like to do this one day in mine!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:58 PM
tfitch03
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome write up! Mechanical issues are part of the adventure, and it is great you found reliable help along the way. Thanks for taking us along!!
Old 11-03-2014, 03:22 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn
Epic! Thanks for sharing. I'd like to do this one day in mine!
Only thing I regret is not having a clear bra installed after my paint work last year. I know I said you gotta get some rock chips on there, but after looking more closely, I really did get a lot of them. Good thing hood resprays are pretty cheap!

Originally Posted by tfitch03
Awesome write up! Mechanical issues are part of the adventure, and it is great you found reliable help along the way. Thanks for taking us along!!
Thanks Tom! I was very glad to find those guys at Lufteknic. I am almost certain I will be renting a truck and trailer to take the car out to central cali next year for pebble beach festivities and the werks reunion.

Quick Reply: Where in the world was vagluv for the past week?