Sponsored by:

New seats for my 964

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
+1 Nice detail. That will take your project to the next level! Maybe a little basket weave on the dash too? The chrome dash strip would look great with your steering wheel...
Thanks 911Jetta,

Would love to have basket weave in the dash panel, it's a great look IMO. If the pictured car is yours, it looks great!

Where can I buy that substitution panel? Does it have to be made?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 10-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GBX
looks great Tim! I remember when I almost bought your car...I guess you're glad you didn't sell. Lucky guy!
Ha! Yes, very glad I opted to keep the 964. I really think it's a perfect classic driver for me. I plan to focus on my 964 until it's really where I want it. That might take another year or two....

Old 10-25-2014, 12:29 AM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 116 Posts

Oh man, Silver with Burgendy interior was really the color combo I have always wanted. Beautiful.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:20 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, that's a great job, they've done with your seats, when are you going to get them in the car?
Old 10-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Vq-1
Instructor

Great looking seats!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
Tim, that's a great job, they've done with your seats, when are you going to get them in the car?
Thanks Stuart! I made sure to buy genuine recaros and wanted to feel good about the structural safety. I know that's your profession, so please feel free to offer any insight.

I wanted to install this weekend, however I failed to realize I needed seat brackets. I was under the impression I could simply use the existing bracket from my 964 seats. After looking, the rails are quite specific to the oem seats and I ordered new sliders from recaro and brackets from Planted Technologies. The planted brackets were a bit more expensive than Wedge ($140 Vs. $85), but I like how solid they look and the seatbelt anchor point it actually part of the bracket, which is also nice. So, all that stuff gets to me this Thursday and I should have them in on Sat. The waiting is the hardest part, as Tom Petty says.

I'm a bit concerned about the height, as the planted tech bracket is 3/8 inch and my recaro sliders are about 1 inch. Together, if feels as though my new seats will be a bit lower than the stock seats. I suppose I can always adjust the hight with a spacer if needed.

Cheers Stuart, hope all is well in Lausanne!

Old 10-25-2014, 12:20 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

those are going to look amazing in that interior. another request to post pics once in. the little detail of having burgundy behind the grommets is a great touch. it's in the details...
Old 11-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Here's an update on the installation of my new seats. I'll post a few pics to show the detail. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the fit, the comfort, the look and the lightness of the seats. I took a 100 mile drive today and I love the look and smell of the leather. The seating position is great and I swear the car is faster. The installation was made much more complicated by my belief that a bracket was needed. The 964 stock seats have rails that bolt directly in and my aftermarket Recaro's share the bolt pattern. I shouldn't have bothered with attempting to fit a bracket, since it just added complexity and weight. I learn with each project. The seats sit slightly lower than my stock seats, which is actually a nice change. I'm not particularly tall (5ft 10in) but it's nice to have a bit of head room and the space within the car feels a bit more open. Overall, I really like the change. A few pics: I'm really quite pleased with the Rennline full race mats with my seats. I like the clean look and will continue to drop weight and add design interest. Now I need to get my door cards done and back seats finished. Then I can move on to the dash bits that I'd like done with basket weave and accents. I replaced my shift boot, but will change to the StreeDaddy shifter, when available! The drive today was just a joy. Cold crisp air and the wail of my air cooled flat six made it just perfect. Hope everyone out there is also enjoying some good driving. Cheers/

Last edited by Tmistry; 11-02-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:11 PM
seeq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice seats and interior! What's the weight of the seats?
Old 11-02-2014, 02:31 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

All looking very good Tim.

Lausanne is beautiful, T shirts and short weather, Lunch on the Patio etc.

!8 degree's today, you'd never believe it was the 2nd November!

If you want to change your seat belt webbing to Burgundy to Match the leather, I think I have a good match, if you'd like a sample, let me know!
Old 11-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Lemass Automotive
Rennlist Member

They look spot on. Think you should do the rears too?
Old 12-30-2016, 12:10 AM
911PWR
4th Gear

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I was doing a search for Burgundy seats and this came up.

I will intro myself later but I have a Silver metallic 89 C4 which has a burgundy interior. I am looking to upgrade the front seats and these look awesome.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:00 AM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

I really like what you have done here! I too am eager to see them installed. Question, what seats are you replacing ? I've got the "sports seats" on my 91 C4 and I love their look but to be honest, I do find myself slipping out of them around tight corners despite the rather healthy bolsters. As well, I find that when I'm pressing clutch in, I do sink back into the seat a bit which tends to be annoying. I'm wondering if a proper refurb of the seats is in order or do I go w/ a firmer model. I still need rear seat access for the munchkins tho! Once installed, would you please comment on their performance vs stock. I already know they will look amazing in the car. Happy New Year all !
Old 12-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Sweet
Old 01-08-2017, 09:29 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get some coco mats in there and you're set.

Quick Reply: New seats for my 964