Sponsored by:

C4 AWD brake bleed question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:55 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C4 AWD brake bleed question

Finished the 13pt bleed today and few questions for those bleeding PDA locks and clutch slave ....

All went as expected except Longitudinal valve when bleeding produced a slow dribble of clean fluid no matter how open the bleeder valve was opened? Heard the lock pulsing and used the motive bleeder system at 15 psi dry method. Note, I am using the PDT999.
Anyone using that product? Please confirm that the bleed dialog box (start, stop, reduce) is used for both Locks and not seperate functions....

Noteworthy, all old fluid looked quite clean except the clutch slave bleed, dark dirty color... The pressure eightball type thing in front compartment was quite clean too. I know some have said it was nasty there too...

Can anybody educate me on function of clutch slave and what difference may be noticed with fresh fluid in it?

We're having FUN now ....

Matthew.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:49 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The clutch slave receives the pressure from the master, and actuates the mechanical clutch release fork. Clean fluid there keeps it from failing sooner, and also will be smoother actuating. Also with any air in there you might not be getting the clutch actuated completely. It's a good thing to do.

Also if your car is older, you might want to look into a clutch master replacement and a rebuild of the pedal box bushings. I did a write up on that recently... made my car feel new again.

Quick Reply: C4 AWD brake bleed question