Sponsored by:

My 1st 964 is a ...CUP

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Chokingfai
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyinTomato
Do you have more detail on this car show? Again, I will be in HK-China second half of Dec. Hopefully I can attend the show(if it's open to public) The sounds of this car is amazing. Congratz. (I heard you guys speaking Cantonese and a girl was speaking mandarin. Were you guys in mainland, or still in HK? Just curious)
December-21st Sunday Chater Road Show & Concours D’Elegance 2014

You may find more info on classic car hk's website.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Chokingfai
Instructor

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
amazing this was right in my backyard, at mayo, and now it's in HK. missed my opportunity to see it firsthand and it was likely there the last time i was at mayo. kind of a shame that a Cup car will remain unused and with such limited mileage. at a certain point though, they become too valuable to drive - if you follow that line of thinking.
Yes it is too valuable to drive for a 20 years old car that has 200miles on it. If it has 20000miles, the story will be different!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Chokingfai
Instructor

Originally Posted by jstyer
Gorgeous example, and I understand its insane monetary value... But I guess I'd rather see it driven and wrecked then never driven at all. Can't help but be a little sad when I see them like this, not what the engineers ever intended.
95% are driven as intended, 5% has a different task!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:56 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jstyer
Gorgeous example, and I understand its insane monetary value... But I guess I'd rather see it driven and wrecked then never driven at all. Can't help but be a little sad when I see them like this, not what the engineers ever intended.
+964

There is an argument for preservation as 'owning' is really a custodianship until the next carer. However, I feel this is really a maintenance question rather than mothballing.

I find it difficult to reconcile the investment angle. These are cars designed and intended to be driven. Not doing so is like preserving an old bottle of wine it for the label and if drunk, vinegar. They are not art.

go cars, not show cars

Nonetheless, congratulations on your purchase. Do with it what you will, its yours

peace
Old 08-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Chokingfai
Instructor

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
+964 There is an argument for preservation as 'owning' is really a custodianship until the next carer. However, I feel this is really a maintenance question rather than mothballing. I find it difficult to reconcile the investment angle. These are cars designed and intended to be driven. Not doing so is like preserving an old bottle of wine it for the label and if drunk, vinegar. They are not art. go cars, not show cars Nonetheless, congratulations on your purchase. Do with it what you will, its yours peace
Thanks!
When I make a purchase of the 'GarageQueen', I believe the thing worth more and not less than its prices tag, otherwise I would not purchase at that value. It will remain unused both because of its rarity and value. If it were only half of its current price or at its msrp 20years ago and available to be purchase at anytime, i will use it for sure!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Chokingfai
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ken D
Congratulations, may you have many happy years with it. You also own an equally spectacular 993 RSCS, correct? Please feel free to share pictures of it in this thread.
Yes, I do. The rubber mount is still in between the spring of the suspension.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Chokingfai
Instructor

Originally Posted by bobaines
It was my understanding it was at Andial to be converted when the series was canceled, transported to Brumos for public sale, bought and sent back to Andial to be converted to series spec. So your info is correct no re-conversion. A great time capsule.
Some people said Andial installed a "unknown" brand or in-house develop rollcage, but there is a photocopy of a matter rollcage document comes with my car. Do you know the truth?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 PM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not surprised it has a Brumos tag on the back. They were racing the Hell out of those cars back then and winning. Beautiful car.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:06 PM
jp175
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car! Congratulations!!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice car! You may not drive it, but i'm sure you'll enjoy just starting it up and listening to that sweet sound.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chokingfai
I believe the thing worth more and not less than its prices tag, otherwise I would not purchase at that value.
Awesome .. so honest & clear.

Good luck with your investment. Some people are lucky (or smart) enough to make some decent money with car investments.

Regarding the 'not driving' .... your argument sounds logical to me. A car with 3,000 miles would be worth a lot less than a car with 160 miles, however a car with 30,000 miles or 35,000 miles isnt going to be much different in value.

Legend.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:00 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

PM sent
Phil
Old 10-24-2020, 09:31 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts

God knows how many more Cup Cars in other parts of the world; Middle East, Europe, Asia?
Old 10-24-2020, 10:36 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Years ago Chokingfai contacted me about a C4 Lightweight he saw in one of my threads while at a local Road Scholars event. A 1 of 20 that he ended up buying in the low 400s, which I thought was cheap considering how truly epic that 964 is.

BTW, Road Scholars own #1 and I nearly faint every time I see it. So special. Next level.

Quick Reply: My 1st 964 is a ...CUP