Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why no interest in LED headlamps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Bizman928
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default These Bulbs DO NOT Blind oncoming traffic! Simple!

Originally Posted by MrNvgtr
Did you ever get those photos from RPM? I'm on the fence with this mainly due to all the critical write-ups. Otherwise, sounds like a solid price-conscious solution. I'm definitely not a lighting expert. I just don't want to blind on-coming drivers or have to adjust to low and lose forward visibility.
These are becoming a very popular solution for the 964's with many sets sold to 964 users already. The L90 964 club members in the UK have bought quite a few sets with great success. I can't comment on any valid critical write ups, but I can comment on all the positive feedback on many of the different Porsche groups on Rennlist, TIPEC, Even magazine features in Porsche GB.

They DO not in any way blind oncoming traffic - no matter what car or vehicle they are fitted to! They are a similar design to the standard H4 bulb as I have mentioned previously on here.

If you are not convinced, I will always give you a refund!

But no-one has asked for a refund yet!

Steve
woodypeck.com

Last edited by Bizman928; 03-29-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:42 AM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bizman928
These are becoming a very popular solution for the 964's with many sets sold to 964 users already. The L90 964 club members in the UK have bought quite a few sets with great success. I can't comment on any valid critical write ups, but I can comment on all the positive feedback on many of the different Porsche groups on Rennlist, TIPEC, Even magazine features in Porsche GB.

They DO not in any way blind oncoming traffic - no matter what car or vehicle they are fitted to! They are a similar design to the standard H4 bulb as I have mentioned previously on here.

If you are not convinced, I will always give you a refund!

But no-one has asked for a refund yet!

Steve
woodypeck.com
Steve,

Thanks for the info. As usual, you see more comments from critics than happy customers.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:00 AM
fluxdon
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George40
I'm one of the 8 and looking forward to getting these fitted

Me too, will fit within the next couple of weeks.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:49 AM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sy0296
update:

after trying two sets of LED H4 bulbs I was not satisfied but hooked on the path to modern bright lighting. both sets i ordered from amazon from a seller called sirius led.

first bulb didn't fit (similar design to bizman's, but maybe just a little longer), so I didn't have a chance to check the beam pattern. second set had the metallic ribbon heat syncs (exactly as the ones being sold on superbrightleds.com). Fit wise they were great but the beam pattern was terrible, in my opinion. there were hot spots and also dim spots. granted overall the road lit up better than traditional incandescent bulbs, but it was not something i could live with on a day to day basis...

the oem H4 set up was great with even lighting good enough for everyday use, but i was hooked to the added brightness of LED bulbs...so i splurged and ordered the lumetechnik led headlight conversion: http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/shop/lum...ht-conversion/

$1620 for the complete oem housing, chrome rings, clear lens, and a proper LED projector high/low beam conversion, shipped from UK. I should have these in a couple weeks and will post feedback. I'm not sure if the clear lens will look good, but want to give it a try and worst case scenario I throw my H4 lenses back in there.

pricey yes, but not pricier than any modern oem LED/HID projector set ups (actually, $1620 is a bargain considering what some manufacturers want to charge!)

no offense to bizman and his effort to trying and bring modern lighting to our older cars, but imho swapping out the bulb is not doing it right
were you able to get these installed? would love to see how they fitted and the quality of the lights
Old 08-14-2015, 10:53 PM
wallra
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

These are the L E D bulbs I put in my honda and I'm going to try them in my 964.http://www.headlightrevolution.com/category_s/1963.htm
Old 08-15-2015, 08:32 AM
nevillewakefield
Intermediate

These look good with the yellow lenses - do they make them for 964t's and if so who's the supplier?
Old 12-26-2015, 12:05 PM
UltimateOne
Track Day

Steve (Bizman928)

I bought a set of your CREE H4 HIDs for my Carrera 3.2 and they didn't fit as seen in the pics below.

(Other than cutting through the back of my headlights which then exposes the lights to the environment), can you kindly advise on next steps please. Thanks.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:47 PM
jonizz
Instructor

HID, led and all other Japanes tuning stuff Just looks wrong on a 964, sorry

Keep it real
Old 12-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jonizz
HID, Led and all other Japanese tuning stuff Just looks wrong on a 964, sorry

Keep it real
+ 1
Old 12-26-2015, 02:57 PM
rstarga
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I think this guy got it right.
http://www.audettecollection.com/leds-for-porsches/
Old 12-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Bizman928
Former Vendor

Hi
Sorry you have had this problem.
Those look like the G5 bulbs. They work for most all our 964 customers but we have had 4 or 5 owners who have had this issue. When Porsche hand welded the headlight covers into the wing on the odd occasion the cowl would be twisted round a little resulting in less room at the back of the bulb area. This also happens sometimes with aftermarket wings being fitted. We can exchange them for one of our New LED sets that we have sourced specifically with a shorter rear part to overcome this.

Contact me direct on woodypeck@outlook.com and we will exchange these or refund you whichever you prefer.

Merry Christmas
Steve
Old 12-30-2015, 08:56 PM
UltimateOne
Track Day

Originally Posted by Bizman928
Hi
Sorry you have had this problem.
Those look like the G5 bulbs. They work for most all our 964 customers but we have had 4 or 5 owners who have had this issue. When Porsche hand welded the headlight covers into the wing on the odd occasion the cowl would be twisted round a little resulting in less room at the back of the bulb area. This also happens sometimes with aftermarket wings being fitted. We can exchange them for one of our New LED sets that we have sourced specifically with a shorter rear part to overcome this.

Contact me direct on woodypeck@outlook.com and we will exchange these or refund you whichever you prefer.

Merry Christmas
Steve
Steve

Many thanks for the offer. Yes I would like to swap to the newer LED set with the shorter rears. I've written to you directly to arrange the swap. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Why no interest in LED headlamps?