Sponsored by:

Transmission (Shift) Linkage Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:56 AM
bmohr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmohr
ooooh. Just ran into this problem. Shifting start feeling a little sloppy. Next thing I know I can push the level left and right and instead of going into a gear it just bangs with a metal thud. Also, I can easily pull the shift up. Still a little confused as to what I need to order as far as parts goes.

edit: So, i got my box opened. Part 27 the long fat cylinder tube looks like it has been Pulled out from the circular opening forward the dash. Is this supposed to be fixed/jammed in that hole? There is a yellow/whitest plastic ring that is loose. I have no clue how this would work to secure the tube in said hole. Very confused. I hate working with interior pieces.

Having some more shifter woes. I seem to have lost reverse. I can get into and out of all other gears with engine on and off. Engine off I can slide into and out of gears without clutch too which is strange yes? Bottom channel where rod that runs forward of car seems to now show sides of metal damage where the rod slams against the sides when I shift into reverse and on the other side when I shift into 5th and 6th (6 speed tranny). Any thoughts on where I might look? I pulled the bottom access panel and moved number 27 around and it started working, but once I put everything back together it was "locked" out again. Maybe something failed inside of part #02? I do have the new part #4 pieces although I can't see how that would cause a locked out gear. I have no experience or knowledge of that part #2 shifter assembly
Old 03-07-2015, 08:50 AM
bmohr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the picture above is there supposed to be some sort of plastic insert in the channel below the shift rod that helps guide the rod when you try and shift into reverse? I believe that might be my problem. If so does anyone know the part number?

Quick Reply: Transmission (Shift) Linkage Question