Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racedeck 964 garage (and my Tip is finally running right!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:36 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by cwrm4
Great shop! Question on the Racedeck...did you go with the "regular" tiles, or the tiles with the "ShockTower" inserts. If you went with the regular, do you have issues with the floor "clicking" as you walk on it?
I just went with the regular tiles. The floor doesn't click but its a bit more hollow sounding that a concrete floor. It doesn't bother me at all and nothing you have to get used to. The concrete floor in my house was mess, uneven, bad patch jobs and the Racedeck really smoothed everything out. I couldn't be happier. The "free flow" tiles are not comfortable to walk on with socks or barefoot (not that I do that too much) and not comfortable to kneel on. I only used the free flow tiles on the perimeter.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Well done Ricardo, looks great. How long did the flooring install take you? Any tips & tricks you can suggest? Was thinking of either epoxy coating or tiling.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:01 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 116 Posts

The main install is really fast, you just stomp or rubber mallet the tiles in place. Then it takes 3 to 4 times as long to measure cut & trim all the edge pieces. I used a borrowed table saw for this which scared the **** out of me because all the safety devices were removed and got some nasty kick back a few times. One time very close to my nuts when I was using poor technique. A recipicating saw with some guides could work as well.

I rented a storage POD, placed it in my driveway, and put all my garage stuff in there and laid the tiles into an empty garage.

Quick Reply: Racedeck 964 garage (and my Tip is finally running right!)