Sponsored by:

spoiler dash light question

Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts
Default spoiler dash light question

Greetings all.

I spent the better part of today on a few projects on my 964. I must say, this car is a gem!

I switched the interior handles, swapped my steering wheel, and prepped for my full race track Mat installation.

My question is regarding the spoiler warning light. I removed an aftermarket fixed wing, and put on an oem spoiler. I simply installed it as it originally went in. The spoiler seems to deploy at about 45mph, which seems low, and also when it deploys, the exclamation point and spoiler light come on. I drive normal and when I stop, the wing stays out. I can lower the wing by using the interior selector switch, but it doesn't happen automatically, like it should. Any idea what to start with? A relay or fuse?

Thanks in advance. Without this board, my 964 experience would be much harder. I'm sending in my membership dues post haste. You guys rock!

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:57 AM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forum - your car is not a gem until you post pics!!!!!

Your "extend" spoiler limit switch is not closing when the spoiler goes to full up position. The module thinks it's still retracted and initiates the alarm

Below is a pic of the extend limit switch with the spoiler retracted. This limit is underneath the cover for the spoiler -FYI, the white nylon screw is the adjustment. Cover the engine with a towel in case you drop anything while working there. Also check the adjustment on the "retract" limit - the spoiler shouldn't be bodily cranked down into it's seat, but gently resting were it should be.

45mph is about right for the extend speed - if you want to change that speed, read page 3 and 4 of this post - https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ght=mojorizing

Old 03-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

SidVicious, thanks for the reply! Great info and I think I understand. Here's a pic of what my limit switch looks like when fully deployed. Shall I assume then, that my switch is bad? I also am including a pic of a wire that seems clipped, thinking it might be related. I thought this was for the hatch light, which is no longer there. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Here's another pic of my new Momo Retro and a shot of the new C2 handles. Love the look and feel of the new wheel!

Old 03-24-2013, 01:26 PM
bassie81
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice interior color, love it!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM
BrownGill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love that dark red interior color also. The C2 handles look great also. Very clean look.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:11 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

That loose wire went to the button pictured on the far left for the light.....

Anyway, with the engine compartment open, have someone extend the spoiler as you push and release that limit switch - you should be able to stop/start the spoiler in mid stroke using that limit. That will test the function of the limit. If that works, than the arm/ adjustment screw needs to be adjusted.

If the limit works, there is a function in the spoiler module that will send the alarm and kill power to the extend circuit if the spoiler takes longer than 12.5 seconds - does it take longer than that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spoiler dash light question