Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Center Light Substitution Panel

Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Babalouie

...aannnd a used Ruf centre light! The ad says it's silver, and is in good condition apart from a small crack on one of the mounting holes (which is pictured).
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f115850186
Can't understand a word of it - what does the ad say? I'd be interested in buying.

Google translate:

'Porsche 964 RUF rear garnish (Silver)

- Please note before bidding -
Settlement together, packing can not be! I can not also specify a shipping merchant.
Ne should tender only after, you can immediately contact trading, settlement!
I think there is a mistake, such as title, description-minute mistake, in the belief me, because it is an amateur. Do you want to place a bid to check the image well Oh also people!

Judging from history have repair, cracked mounting holes, dirt, scratches, etc. There is a condition of the item.

Other than that I think it is a beautiful one.

Maybe, I think you do not mind attached!

Please judge the condition of the item in the image.

For used parts, such as bidding, please refrain from more nervous! Fits etc. thank you verify a good look at your own image.

Please bid only person who can understand no claim, no return used parts, products per cheap start. Other, depending on the product, so take your time and some are more ships ...

★ more simple packaging (air cushion, bubble wrap) is, the state of the product packaging fear there will be bad. Shipping is limited to cash on delivery.'

Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Can't understand a word of it - what does the ad say? I'd be interested in buying.[/I]
Seller is basically saying that it's used and so can't make any guarantees that it will fit, and that there are no-returns if you're not happy with it, and that he'll bubble-wrap the item for shipping but makes no guarantees if it's damaged in transit, caveat emptor blah blah

You'll need to use a go-between in Japan to buy this for you, and on-ship it to Blighty. Talk to this bloke, he can help: http://jessestreeter.com/ Obviously he will add some fees for his time, etc and you could probably ask him to re-pack it for overseas shipping if you are concerned. He's an aussie living in Japan.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Seller is basically saying that it's used and so can't make any guarantees that it will fit, and that there are no-returns if you're not happy with it, and that he'll bubble-wrap the item for shipping but makes no guarantees if it's damaged in transit, caveat emptor blah blah

You'll need to use a go-between in Japan to buy this for you, and on-ship it to Blighty. Talk to this bloke, he can help: http://jessestreeter.com/ Obviously he will add some fees for his time, etc and you could probably ask him to re-pack it for overseas shipping if you are concerned. He's an aussie living in Japan.
Cheers mate.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:13 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

You guys do realise the Ruf one is just a standard reflector painted dont you?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

You sure about that? It's got RUF cast into the transparent part over the reversing lights (I do agree that you could get 99% of the way there by painting a stock one tho)
Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911PERVY
You guys do realise the Ruf one is just a standard reflector painted dont you?
You sure about that? It's got RUF cast into the transparent part over the reversing lights (I do agree that you could get 99% of the way there by painting a stock one tho)
And it's also got the surrounds around the lenses.

I think if it weren't for needing rear lights I would paint an existing one. My only hesitation is the RUF branding, my car isn't a RUF car or one that is converted.

Originally Posted by Vandit
RUF piece
I'm not sure this is actually a RUF part? From the picture, the lenses are clear as opposed to having the blue tint and I can't see the black plastic surrounds around the lenses. Could there be another manufacturer or are these custom?
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2012, 07:07 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

There was a post about this a month or so ago

There was at least one being sold on ebay as a Ruf one and it clearly showed the rear of the unit and was a standard reflector painted, maybe this wasnt a true Ruf one
Old 10-31-2012, 07:18 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
And it's also got the surrounds around the lenses.

I think if it weren't for needing rear lights I would paint an existing one. My only hesitation is the RUF branding, my car isn't a RUF car or one that is converted.

I'm not sure this is actually a RUF part? From the picture, the lenses are clear as opposed to having the blue tint and I can't see the black plastic surrounds around the lenses. Could there be another manufacturer or are these custom?
The red car from Vandit's post in the previous page does look like this one, with the greenish tint to the reversing lights

Originally Posted by 911PERVY
There was a post about this a month or so ago

There was at least one being sold on ebay as a Ruf one and it clearly showed the rear of the unit and was a standard reflector painted, maybe this wasnt a true Ruf one
I suppose it's possible that someone in the dark, distant past did a "DIY Ruf" and a subsequent owner of the car thought that it was the real thing.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
joefondo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine in vinyl Turned out ok, but im thinking about redoing it without the logo.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM
joefondo
Advanced

Pics

Last edited by joefondo; 07-15-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:39 PM
joefondo
Advanced

1 more

Last edited by joefondo; 07-15-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:53 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Check out this . Red Carbon and Kevalar.
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2012, 01:56 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

another pic
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

^^^^^^
Great find! I keep thinking the whole rear light bar should be one piece, instead of three separate units.
Is there a build thread on the car above, I'd love to see how they created that light bar!!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

The red car from Vandit's post in the previous page does look like this one, with the greenish tint to the reversing lights
It went for too much and I couldn't have justified it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Center Light Substitution Panel