Sponsored by:

Race /street 964 replica for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Race /street 964 replica for sale

I am needing to sell my car as an other opportunity has come up. I Just thought that it may generate some interest on this forum as it looks like a 964 and by the time anyone mods their car out as far as mine is what it was isn't as important. I have had my car advertised in classifieds for starting at $85 but due to timing have dropped to $68 and I would even consider street car in trade . I love this car but I am going on a sailing trip and going to keep the Spec 911

1988 Porsche 911Club Sport
WPOAB 0911JS125069

Background

The 911 Club Sport (CS) is a limited edition, lighter weight, upgraded suspension car intended for auto-crossing and club racing but in street-legal configuration. The CS is easily recognized by the “Club Sport” decal on the left front fender. There were only 29 CS’s sold in the U.S. and Canada during 1988 and 1989; twenty-one in 1988 and seven in 1989 in the U.S. and one in Canada in 1988. Only 340 were sold worldwide from 1987 through 1989.

The CS came from the factory110 pounds lighter than the stock 911; below is a list of some of the items that Porsche deleted to save weight:
Air conditioning
Power steering
Power windows or seats
Central locking
Cruise control
Sun visors
Radio antenna
Sunroof
Arm rest’s on the doors
Acoustic insulation or undercoat on the underbody and tub
Headlight washers
Rear window washer or wiper
Fog lights
Back seat

Stock 911 CS facts and miscellaneous data:
Original purchase price was $45,895 new, and cost more then the stock 911 Carrera, even though it had less options on it
original CS’s have been selling for over $90,000 at auction
Porsche intended the car to be the stripped-down version of the 1973 911 RS Carrera
3.2 L 214 HP engine was stock
110 pounds lighter then a stock Carrera
curb weigh of 2,601 pounds
Numerous articles about the CS have been in Excellence and many other magazines
VIN is WPOAB 0911JS125069. All 1988 CS’s had sequential VINs.
Color is Dark Blue with Black vinyl and black Porsche cloth interior (K5-EB)
Options when new were:
6x7 x 16” Fuchs wheels
Limited slip differential
Suspension and handling mods
Racing seat belt, brake mods, engine mods, exhaust mods
Wheel mods

History:

The first owner purchased the car new in 1988 and upgraded the stock 3.2liter engine to a new 3.6liter engine. He also added a bolt-in roll cage and a Momo racing steering wheel; everything else was stock on the car. A well-known racing shop had done the engine work and the owner used the CS for Porsche DE track events and for driving around on nice days. When the car was purchased by the second owner in 2001, it only had 12,000 miles on the odometer and had never been driven in the rain. The car is VERY fast and has never been wrecked or crashed. The car in its current configuration has 321 HP (dyno proven) and weighs 2,470 pounds (without driver). The car is very stiff and corners like it’s on rails. Between the two owners, the car has over $150,000 invested in it.

Engine:
The stock 3.2 liter engine had been replaced by a 3.6 liter engine when I bought it. The 3.6 engine has been increased to a 3.8 liter engine. The 3.8 engine has had numerous upgrades done to it. Entire engine was taken apart and upgraded with all new race grade pistons, rods, bolts, springs, valves, gaskets, rings, etc.

Details:
New Malher pistons with temperature head sensors
New custom ground cam shaft from 993 supersport
New intake and exhaust valves (largest that would fit in heads)
New valve guides
New 911 race valve springs
Titanium spring retainers
Engine was ported for better air-flow
Intake and exhaust valves have been bored to largest diameter allowable with the cylinder head
Custom ECU reprogramming; optimized fuel and timing maps for 3.8L RS spec engine
321.3 HP (dynoded
280.2 lb-ft of torque
Dual plug’s for each cylinder
993 Varioram intake assembly with harness and ECU, for maximum HP and torque
"Custom 1” race headers installed for maximum HP
Catalytic converter removed for maximum HP
Air intake filter box was open up to increase air flow
Lightweight flywheel for quicker acceleration
Quadratrac rear axles
New fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
Flowmaster stainless steel muffler, with heat shield
Dual oil coolers in front, with temperature gauges

Body:
The body has been lightened from the stock steel factory parts by replacing them with fiberglass body parts. The car has the following fiberglass replacement parts for weight savings:
Front hood deck (still has remote cockpit opener)
Front bumper, with the steel bumper shocks removed to save weight (993 appearing bumper)
Front spoiler
Rear bumper, with the steel bumper shocks removed to save weight (993 appearing bumper)
Rear engine deck hood (still has remote cockpit opener)
Rear adjustable RSR wing, with a Gurney lip for additional down force
Stock mirrors have been replaced by low profile manual mirrors for less wind resistance
The front of the car has a “clear bra” installed on it to help reduce rock chips

The bumpers, mirrors, and rocker panels now make the car appear to have a 993 appearance.

Suspension:
New #23 front anti roll bar and kit installed
New #31 rear anti roll bar and kit installed
24mm front torsion bar
Rear sway bar, reinforced at chassis connection
JRZ double adjustable front struts, with remote canisters in trunk
JRZ double adjustable rear shock absorber, with remote adjustable canisters in rear cockpit
Monoball front shock tower-welded in
Steering rack stop
Rear trailing arm Monoball cartridge
911/930 rear shock clevise
911/930 spring plate with billet mount
Rear 450lb coil spring, with 2.25” helper spring
04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki #3 (permalink)
dsfnctn

New hollow aluminum strut tower brace
Car is corner balanced

Brakes:
The car has “Big Red” 993 turbo brakes all around. The stock brakes were removed and upgraded to these new brakes. New Pagid orange brake pads are used all around. The stock rotors were also traded out for larger cross drilled rotors.
New cross drilled front rotors in 2006, repacked wheel bearings at same time
930 brake cooling kit on front rotors
Use ATE Blue brake fluid, for high speed racing, and no break fade

Transmission:
The car has a G50-5 speed transmission, with new close ratio chrome molly track gears and steel syncros from 2nd through 5th. Top end is 158mph at redline with the existing gears, which is 7200 rpm. Transmission has a close-ratio custom solid one piece billet aluminum shifter, which sticks up adjacent to the steering wheel for quick, safe shifts. The transmission has an external cooler, installed on the bottom side of the rear deck, with a cabin on/off switch, plus a cockpit temperature meter for monitoring the transmission. Has RSR style chromemoly differential.
Stock first gear
2.40 2nd gear
1.70 3rd gear
1.25 4th gear
1.00 5th gear

Wheels and Tires:
HRE rims with a double chrome finish and Yokohoma 17x225x40’s front and 17x265x40’s rear

Safety features:

Roll Cage:
The existing roll cage has been modified to add additional side impact bars at the driver and passenger seats for safety, and meet racing safety requirements. Cross body bars have also been added to help tie the cage together from side to side. The cage has been welded into the A & B pillar’s of the frame, to help stiffen the chassis. The roll cage meets SCCA race requirements. The cage is a combination of bolted and welded connections.

Racing Harness:
The driver and passenger seats have five position Schroth racing harness, with a quick disconnect with two shoulder straps, one lap strap, and one crotch strap; all straps are adjustable.

Halon Fire Suppression System:
The central fire bottle is located in the air conditioner well (low center of gravity) located in the front trunk area. The cabin pull activator activates nozzles in the trunk, passenger, and engine compartments. The central bottle has a safety pin that can be inserted into the bottle to deactivate the system. A separate fire extinguisher bottle is in front of passenger side seat, bolted to the floor with a quick release attachment.

Fuel Cell:
The stock fuel tank has been replaced by a racing 17 gallon fuel cell with race bladder with fill only from trunk. Additionally, the original outside fill cap has been disconnected, the fuel gauge is located in the cockpit and the fuel cell is by Fuel Safe

Miscellaneous safety items:
Driver’s side rear impact brace installed to seat and roll bar, to prevent seat from sliding back in case of a rear impact. Both seats are adjustable front and back, with hand release at front of seat.
Driver side safety net to cover window if open, to keep debris or arms from flying out in case of an accident.

Miscellaneous:
After market Autometer tachometer, that is mounted in same place in dashboard as old stock tachometer. New tachometer keeps track of maximum RPM, and has reset button. Tachometer is tied into an aftermarket shifter light that is mounted on the dash board, the flashes bright yellow, reminding you to shift before the rev limiter kicks in. You can concentrate on the road, and not have to look at the tachometer.
All important dash gauges are turned for ease of reading at top speed; speedometer, oil pressure, etc.
Pull tow hook installed on front.
Body tie-downs under car, for anchoring during trailering. Came from factory with these installed.
Additional vacuum reservoirs installed in the left rear wheel, to help activate the Vario-Ram quicker. The reservoirs have an aluminum protective shield around them, to protect them from flying debris from the rear wheels.
Hot Lap timer installed in car, with receiver mounted on driver’s side rear window, and read-out mounted on the dash.
After market tachometer shift indicator light mounted on dashboard
Original seats replaced with 8 pound Kevlar Recaro race seats
RSR side door panels to reduce weight in car, with strap door openers similar to RSR.
Hood hold open is an aluminum rod, and the stock heavy springs and hold open have been removed.
Video camera mount between the drivers and passenger seats, mounted on roll bar.
Light weigh racing seats for the driver and passenger, with adjustments for front and back.
Parking brake system has been removed, to reduce unsprung weight of car
Center dash removed to reduce weigh of car
Car heater system has been removed to help reduce weight of car
Momo quick release removable steering wheel, for easy in and out of the driver seat
Small race battery for light weight
Quick disconnect pull for electrical system on outside of car
Padding on parts of the roll cage to help prevent injury, and ease of getting in and out of the car
Attached Images  

Last edited by autosea; 04-22-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by autosea
I have had my car advertised in classifieds for starting at $85 but due to timing have dropped to $68 and would move for low $60 and I would even consider street car in trade...
I'll take it for $68

GLWS
Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a beautiful, fine car indeed, but...

Even mine wouldn't sell for $68K.

This is the life we live after we build our cars.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FeralComprehension
I'll take it for $68
$69!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
KaiB
Banned

Wow!

I wonder where the "since mine is faster" post went...

Nice car though!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KaiB
It's a beautiful, fine car indeed, but...

Even mine wouldn't sell for $68K.

This is the life we live after we build our cars.
It just might if you put in $150K into it and paint it blue
Old 04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by autosea
It just might if you put in all the parts mine has
Better run out to Rothsport and take a peek...'Lil Claudia is breathing fire these days.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts

Nyaahaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaa
Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Good time to buy

Last edited by autosea; 04-22-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 PM
agustafson
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car is the real deal I'm lucky enough to drool over it everyday that I go work on my project car! Turn key badass ride!!

Quick Reply: Race /street 964 replica for sale