Sponsored by:

Wanted Posters: A Gallery and Discussion of 964 Outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobaines
I do not think outlaws and track cars fit into the same category. Both are attractive and share attributes of Sport Purpose. Outlaws are in fact hot rods that reflect the owners vision. They can be mild, subtle, or over the top. They often take clues from track cars and can be performance oriented but most are in the end street cars. Purpose track cars are focused and have no business on the street, nor do they work well in that environment.
I happen to love both, but recognize that they each have their place. I happen to be in the process of doing a 964 which when done, I hope is recognized as an outlaw.
I will post photos when it is far enough along.
fully agree, post is about outlaw....personally i think slammed / suspension / wheels alone imo is not where outlaw is defined.
these cars (964) now old can either be purist (maybe RS set up fits there) or powered up & modified....which fits in outlaw (or ratrod in extreme mode).
nil wrong with outlaw street car....likely 100% more streetable than that extreme slammed silver job which could not climb a speed bump-driveway incline (been there did that in previous cars)....and i think not an outlaw.

nice about outlaw imo, its all in your face personal, no worries re preservation.

Last edited by raspberryroadster; 01-28-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:34 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ETW - Some good pics there

If you look a little harder and get the build specs on those cars you'll find a lot more work than "simpler stuff. Mostly just wheels and suspension". All work is subtle tho, and hard to notice at a glance.

Keep the thread going guys - its great reading!

Chris
Old 01-28-2012, 08:13 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if interested in pics....this site will give you about 100 pages of rwb outlaws....
http://rwb.booru.org/index.php?page=...egriff&pid=180

Old 09-13-2012, 03:13 PM
LXR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobaines
I do not think outlaws and track cars fit into the same category. Both are attractive and share attributes of Sport Purpose. Outlaws are in fact hot rods that reflect the owners vision. They can be mild, subtle, or over the top. They often take clues from track cars and can be performance oriented but most are in the end street cars. Purpose track cars are focused and have no business on the street, nor do they work well in that environment.
I happen to love both, but recognize that they each have their place. I happen to be in the process of doing a 964 which when done, I hope is recognized as an outlaw.
I will post photos when it is far enough along.
fully agree; although not a hot rod in my sense, i really like Alzens special RSR !!! Would like to see some more "new interpretations" of a 964 hot rod!!!

Last edited by LXR; 09-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM
ACSGP
Pro

I have to agree that the 964 based RWB is probably the most extreme outlaw.

But I would also plump for any 964 based Singer as the most elegant outlaw :

An honourable mention for roadsleeper's bumpin pumkin from Singapore:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...rebuild-8.html

It was featured in the May 2010 edition of Excellence:

http://www.excellence-mag.com/back-issues?search=2010

Last edited by ACSGP; 09-14-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 AM
mf_rsr
Pro

My thoughts are that R Gruppe cars have something a little bit mental in them, and are perfect. RS reps, show cars, and RWB (theres loads of them) dont qualify IMO as not unique and bastardised. The trouble is, its hard to mismatch parts for the 964 successfully...you don't have RS, RSR, R, and ST parts to play with and add a little twist. As an aside, I personally think singer have ripped off TREs original creation...

Quick Reply: Wanted Posters: A Gallery and Discussion of 964 Outlaws