Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burned by Auto Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 AM
svendsen1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was burned by them a long time ago. I had a 914 with a rear view mirror that was in pretty tough shape. I ordered one from Auto Atlanta that was used but supposedly in great shape. When I got the mirror it was in worse shape than the one I was replacing. They made a big stink about returning it, but I eventually got my money back.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
superformance
Track Day

Another pissed customer here. I've seen on Ebay Autoatlanta's manual window crank for a 911. Then I called them up to directly place an order. I was even happy to know the guy who handled my transaction is a fellow Filipino. Moreso, communicating was much easier. He told me the crank is made in Germany. Ok. Then I asked him about a complete decal kit for a '73 Carrera RS, I was even impressed when he told me it will come from their warehouse in Germany. WoW! So, we concluded an order. Paid with my credit card.
I already left US when the order came in sister's house in NJ 2 weeks later, around end of May this year. I smelled something fishy when the invoiced totaled more than $200 !!! I called up the Filipino guy, I asked him why he sent me bezels for the power window switches which I didn't order and obviously don't need ( for i ordered the manual cranks!!!), and that the small carrera RS decal came from Sierra Madre.The cranks? They were made in Taiwan with matching wrong Porsche spelling on the label!!!! Funny, during my ordering process he told me that Pelican and SMC source their parts from their company! And that he can supply anything I need and will look after me since we're fellowmen....He promised he will send the decals asap for my sister is leaving for Manila in 5 days time. Nothing came. He asked me to post back the bezels to effect refund, which my sister did and they never refunded. Worst is, they promised to contact me but didn't. I emailed, they never replied. I had to make costly LD calls just to follow up my order...... To you Autoatlanta, you've lost all Pinoy customers here in the PI if you have any. And to L. who took my order, maybe you forget our dialect!....BOYCOTT THIS BIGGIE COMPANY----- impostor!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM
BigMikeATL
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by superformance
Another pissed customer here. I've seen on Ebay Autoatlanta's manual window crank for a 911. Then I called them up to directly place an order. I was even happy to know the guy who handled my transaction is a fellow Filipino. Moreso, communicating was much easier. He told me the crank is made in Germany. Ok. Then I asked him about a complete decal kit for a '73 Carrera RS, I was even impressed when he told me it will come from their warehouse in Germany. WoW! So, we concluded an order. Paid with my credit card.
I already left US when the order came in sister's house in NJ 2 weeks later, around end of May this year. I smelled something fishy when the invoiced totaled more than $200 !!! I called up the Filipino guy, I asked him why he sent me bezels for the power window switches which I didn't order and obviously don't need ( for i ordered the manual cranks!!!), and that the small carrera RS decal came from Sierra Madre.The cranks? They were made in Taiwan with matching wrong Porsche spelling on the label!!!! Funny, during my ordering process he told me that Pelican and SMC source their parts from their company! And that he can supply anything I need and will look after me since we're fellowmen....He promised he will send the decals asap for my sister is leaving for Manila in 5 days time. Nothing came. He asked me to post back the bezels to effect refund, which my sister did and they never refunded. Worst is, they promised to contact me but didn't. I emailed, they never replied. I had to make costly LD calls just to follow up my order...... To you Autoatlanta, you've lost all Pinoy customers here in the PI if you have any. And to L. who took my order, maybe you forget our dialect!....BOYCOTT THIS BIGGIE COMPANY----- impostor!
Douchebags. Anyone that deals with them needs to have their head examined
Old 07-10-2013, 11:35 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by creaturecat
Pretty damaging thread title, given that the original poster got ripped off by himself - by ordering fed-ex overnight.
How does this become Auto Altanta's fault?
Did you even read my post? The original order was not with FedEx and should have arrived in 2 to 3 days. I stand by my harsh title 100%: 10days, $$, and lied to a few times about the status of my order. This is the first time I have ever felt the need to warn other enthusiast of any make about anything.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Any company that lies should go down.

There are enough good companies out there that we shouldn't have to deal with crappy ones like AA. Tried them once, no luck... They sit in the same category as those websites that lure you in, but end up not having whaat you needm

To them I say: Go waste someone else's timen you're not worth mine.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:16 PM
dieselophile
Track Day

I bought some S quad exhaust tips from a forum member and was getting excited to instal them onto my 997, after they arrived I realized I needed a spacer-adapter to install them, I went onto the FVD website and tried to buy them but unfortunately their paypal link was malfunctioning that evening, thats when I made my error in judgement and placed an order for the adapters from AutoAtlanta - BIG BIG MISTAKE. Firstly, after placing the phone order, I waited a few days but still received no email confirmation, then on the 4th day I called them, they said it would arrive shortly and sent me an email for a "work order". Waited more days, nothing, called them and they said the item was a special order from Germany and "the ETA is next week Monday, we'll ship it out to you the very next day". I called again on Monday as I had not yet received my tracking info, and was told that it would arrive "tomorrow, and we'll ship it out the next day". I called again today (Wednesday)- same story, will arrive tomorrow/will send it out!, by this time, I'm pretty frustrated, and am willing to cut my losses and start from scratch and place an order from FVD/Suncoast, so I asked the sales person to cancel my order due to the long delay and they're inability to deliver, I also reminded them that at no stage when I had placed the order did they say that they didn't have the item in stock- the sales guy said he couldn't cancel the order as it was a special order, then abruptly changed his mind and said "you know what, I'll just cancel it, you'll get email cancellation confirmation" and hung up. Ive waited, no email cancellation confirmation yet, I called them again, they're closed for the day, its been over 10 days now since this started, and I can't order the part until I know for sure that Ive cancelled with AA - in limbo, and I hate being in this situation. On the bright side, Ive learnt my lesson cheaply, its a non essential part, and my cars running great, and I'll NEVER order from them again. Others beware, they are not truthful.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:42 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

^ Insane. Glad you put that saga behind you. **** on companies that have no comprehension of customer service, honesty & integrity.

Andreas
Old 09-11-2014, 11:06 AM
dieselophile
Track Day

Default On a brighter note...

I called AA again and received my cancellation email from them, and then called FVD to place my order - the lady at FVD Brombacher was super nice, gave me a $10 discount because they had a paypal link glitch (BTW - thats now working fine), they have the item in stock, and I'm told it will arrive by UPS ground in 3 days! She also said that she gives Rennlist members 10% discount. Now thats customer service!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:36 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adding to the saga with a bad Auto Atlanta experience here too.

Placed an order online last week for about $200, but came to realize I needed some more parts and the ordered had not shipped, so sent them an email requesting to add the following to my existing order:

999-707-422-41 o-ring (1 x)
999-707-426-41 o-ring (1 x)
999-707-113-41 o-ring (2 x)

I only received one instead of two of the last item on the list. The missing item is in stock so I ask them if they can get it to me by Friday so as not to further delay my project due to a mistake on THEIR end. Rep tells me that they can't absorb the cost so I offer to split the difference. No go.

I ordered the part from Pelicanparts and swear to never order from AA again.

Quick Reply: Burned by Auto Atlanta