Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Twood
...Are their alternatives to the Maxjax or is this the best of this type of unit...
As two-post lift goes, only alternative of its kind for now.

There are other types of lifts that you can consider that would leave the middle of the car free, but I have no experience with them on a Porsche...

All I am suggesting is that if you can, find something that will free up the middle (bottom) section of the car so you can work on anything with more comfort.

I had a mid-rise and it was used well... and a two-post lift for low ceilings was not available at the time I got the mid-rise. I followed the MaxJax from the start and was lucky to be one of the first to buy it. Just a very good solution for areas where ceiling height is an issue or where you need to be able to move it out of the way when done. Just awesome.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 PM
mroddis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

garagejournal.com

Be prepared to waste LOTS of time and for garage-envy........
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink New garage

Originally Posted by mroddis
garagejournal.com

Be prepared to waste LOTS of time and for garage-envy........
Garage Envy-yes i am beginning to experience this. Wachuko is partly to blame I was happy with the scissor lift but now I want the MaxJax.

Why is so? US$ and Aust$ are on parity. Why does a Porsche headlight cost $1200 in Aust and around $250 in the US? - I bought one from the UK (right hand drive), shipped and landed 7days for around $300 AUD. A pair of Reebok running shoes Aust $220 - the US $74.00.
Maxjax $1900 in the US and $2800 in Australia and don't tell me it is shipping and handling. Add $100 for S&H not $900.
I can list many other examples-Maybe herein lies the reason big Australian retailers are complaining about online sales.

However I really appreciate the feedback.

My dummy spit for the morning!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:33 AM
cobias1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm maybe call northern tool concerning the shipping to you ?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
As two-post lift goes, only alternative of its kind for now.

There are other types of lifts that you can consider that would leave the middle of the car free, but I have no experience with them on a Porsche...

I have the full-rise scissor lift Wachuko posted above. It is manufactured by Bend-Pak.

I have an open ceiling and wanted a full-rise lift. The problem was my garage was built in the late 1970's and as such is not sized to accomodate today's SUVs. There is not enough room to fit a two-post lift, the 964, and the wife's Murano (kicking her out is not an option ).
This lift was the best alternative to a two-post. It is completely open down the middle and I can easily work on whatever I need.

This was before the Maxjax, which looks pretty nice.

Quick Reply: New garage and scissor lift