Sponsored by:

Coilover Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coilover Height Adjustment

I have reached the limit of the base adjustment bracket and still need to lower my car slightly further at the rear.

Currently, when I adjust the height, I turn the spring seat which is locked onto the body, hence it is really turning the whole strut down further into the base.

How do I 'unlock' the spring seat to actually adjust the position of the spring seat? Do I just release the tension on the allen key bolt and then just turn the spring seat?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Yes
Old 11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the JIC response that just came through ...

"Make height 10mm low rear suspension top of nut please remove and under the pillow ball upper mount has two spacer. please remove one spacer you should be able to low down 15mm more. please make sure when you remove nut use high pressure air gun. low pressure gun does not remove easy and make damage seal and piston. need remove nut quick possible. same with hold tight bump stopper and rod by hand."
Old 11-15-2010, 05:55 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Slendering of the spring stackage is improved with the anti clocking of the stacking nuttage, greatering the lowage of the chassis height. The loosened screw Allen provides for the release of the stacking collar, allowing for free screwage.

There hope that helps...
Old 11-15-2010, 06:08 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sml

"Make height 10mm low rear suspension top of nut please remove and under the pillow ball upper mount has two spacer. please remove one spacer you should be able to low down 15mm more. please make sure when you remove nut use high pressure air gun. low pressure gun does not remove easy and make damage seal and piston. need remove nut quick possible. same with hold tight bump stopper and rod by hand."
I once worked with the guy that wrote this, I think!Good interpretation J richard.

Quick Reply: Coilover Height Adjustment