Sponsored by:

Seat Covers from Diamond Mall on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seat Covers from Diamond Mall on Ebay

Does anyone have any experience with THESE Porsche seat covers? I am attracted to them because they are 1/2 the price of anything else and the pic is also the color I need.

I bought the Colorplus system and am going to try and dye my seats first. The Passenger side just needs dye but the Driver side has several tears ranging from a pencil hole to a 4" long tear in the perforated part of the seat bottom. I put backing under the rips and glued them shut and I will use the Flex-fill stuff this weekend.I have a feeling that I am not going to be happy with the Driver's side no matter how slowly and carefully I try and patch all the holes.

thanks

Mike B
Old 10-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also like any thoughts on these. How well do they fit, do they look original.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 PM
morrisroad
Instructor

Location: Toronto, Canada,Planet Earth, Earth-Moon System, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Observable Universe

I got these - super quality. Planning on installing over the winter. Sent swatch, matched color, sent new cover swatch for confirmation. My original seats were dyed, still clean but leathrique lasted about 1 year before the cracks started to reappear and dye wore off on side.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Morrisroad,

I assume you got the leather and received the covers already. So you are happy with the stitching and grain and overall shape of the covers? Do you have upholstering experience or are you going to wing it (like I hope to) and get the special tools and DIY?

These are the least expensive leather covers anywhere and I just want to make sure they aren't priced accordingly.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Schulr
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Please post some pictures once you have the seats completed. I too need to update mine but have held off due to cost.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
user 783003
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at these too, but ended up with a great set of 993 seats with more power options and they're supple leather. Match perfectly and were the same cost as the covers.

Had there been some reviews on here of the covers, I might have pulled the trigger on them.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
campoj2
Racer

Did the 993 seats require major modification to fit in a 964?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
user 783003
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None at all. The 964 seats I removed were 8 way power driver and 4 way power passenger if I remember correctly. Now they are both 8 way. The electrical connections were identical. No mods. Had I gone from no heat to heat, maybe would have required a mod, but I didn't, so I don't know for sure.

Bolt holes were identical.

I did a thread on this about a year ago maybe...
Old 02-09-2017, 03:41 PM
justin-in-athens
Pro

I thought I'd take a minute to share with the community my experience with Diamond Mall on Ebay.

I bought a set of vinyl covers for my 964, for $465 shipped, I thought they were very nice quality. The color is not quite Cashmere Beige (P940), but it was close enough.

I have fit a couple sets of seat covers before, and expected this to be no different. I should have test fit the seats better, but upon first fitting, they appeared as though they would be ok.

2 weeks later, and a few hours down the drain, I took the seats and covers to my local trim shop that has been in business for 40 years. I left them there, and they agreed to pad and fit them. A week later I get a call to come see about some issues they cannot resolve without recutting some of the vinyl.

The seller (Diamond Mall) was great about communication, but it was pretty clear from the start were not going to facilitate a return because I had partially installed the covers. I escalated the case with ebay, but to no avail. Needless to say, I cannot recommend them--quite the opposite in fact!

I have however had good experience purchasing covers from Kyle at Only944.com
Old 02-23-2017, 10:47 PM
cjoenck
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Bought from them a couple of years ago. Black leather. The fit perfectly. Couldn't be happier. I did the install myself. You most likely need new foam as well when you replace the cover.

I had botched one bottom seat cover in the install accidentally with a sharp knife - don't ask- and they made a new bottom for me.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers from Diamond Mall on Ebay