Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLD - 964RS Suspension (accepts monoballs or factory rubber tops)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Roland 93
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold - 964RS Suspension (accepts monoballs or factory rubber tops)

Greetings,

I am getting soft in my old age and have switched to PSS10s. Up for sale is a set of 964RS springs & struts. The springs are Yellow dot factory RS parts. The rear shocks are RS spec as well (Bilstein B46-1487). The front shocks are F4-VE3-5278-HO & 5277 (standard Bilstein HDs for 964). They have been shortened and revalved to RS specs (to match V36-0155 & 0156) by Bilstein. The primary benefit is that they are of the RSR monotube style and rebuildable where the original RS units were not.

This set-up can be used with the stock rubber strut tops or with monoballs. The monoballs will need to be aftermarket as the front HD Bilsteins have the standard length threaded rod and not the oddly long one of the OE RS struts.

The rear RS spec Bilsteins do have the longer length rod, and therefore will accomodate RS monoballs, aftermarket monoballs, and both early & late model factory rubber tops. '89-90 tops bolt right on. '91-later tops will require a couple of spacers which I will supply. More info here: John's site under Technical, Wheels & Suspension, then "Carrera RS Suspension Upgrade"

As a note, on the '91-later cars, 25" from fender to ground will be about the highest REAR ride height you can set due the shorter shock length of the RS Bilsteins. See John's site again for more info. The FRONT will have the normal RS range of adjustment for all years.

I've had this set on my car for less than 5K mi. The ride is comparable to the stiffest couple settings of PSS9/10s range. It is in excellent condition and is for sale without strut tops. The first picture shows "with strut tops" for visual aid only. $795obo.

Cheers
Roland
Attached Images     

Last edited by Roland 93; 12-10-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: sold
Old 01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Roland,
I'll take these, sent an email.
Phil

Quick Reply: SOLD - 964RS Suspension (accepts monoballs or factory rubber tops)