Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the central informer....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:59 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where is the central informer....

... and where does it earth?

For a couple of years (yes, I'm very slow) I've found that if I use the horn, it will often cause the ABS and traction warning lights to come on. At lunchtime, I made a mistake approaching a roundabout (my fault), had to use the horn and then had major stopping problems because my ABS had switched itself off and I panic braked. So, I think it's time to fix it.

I have previously tried cleaning up the earth on the horns and in the luggage compartment and this hasn't fixed it. So I'm wondering if I should check the central informer thing - perhaps the problem is there? But I have no idea where it is, or where it's likely to be earthed.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Central Informer Location and Grounding

The Central Informer is located at postion 6cP for both LHD and RHD cars (see attached LocationGrid).

The ground point for RHD cars is MP VI, location 6bl, Central Electric, on Longitudinal support right.

The ground point for LHD cars is MP XV, location 7bQ, Instruments, Longitudinal support left.

Cheers,
Dave
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
daxio (02-16-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 10:39 AM
daxio
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after an hour or 2 searching I can confirm that my 96 RHD 993 actually has the central informer on the right side behind the dash just below the ignition switch - so position 6cM - and very awkward to access the 2 securing nuts.

Quick Reply: Where is the central informer....