Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anybody using an Innovate Motorsports SCG-1 Boost Controller and wideband?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 01:11 PM
KVDR
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Stock K26/6 turbo and Lindsey Racing dual port. Have a Bursch 2.5" catless mid-pipe as well. I'm curious how the car will feel in combination with the Rogue/LR A-tune. Might go k27/6 route over next winter if I'm still feeling greedy.

Yeah, I've gone through all the menu settings, but the gauge defaults to inHg over PSI for most of the display modes. It just seems really odd to not have a PSI only setting, much like it has bar and kPa. I have a feeling I'll be switching to bar or kPa, because inHg is not intuitive.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:03 PM
KVDR
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I just wanted to update this thread as I received a PM asking about my experience. Playing around with waste-gate control is all new to me, so I'm open to suggestions!

I've had trouble matching the same 'kick in the pants' feeling I had with the stock waste-gate and cycling valve. It now seems to take much longer (and higher rpms) to achieve boost, and this is after I've replaced cracked headers on stock setup.

With the SCG-1 solenoid 'off', the LR dual-port WG is measuring a seemingly low 7-8 psi spring pressure. Spring pressure in the SCG-1 is supposed to be set 1-2 psi lower than actual WG spring pressure. I've tried setting it even lower.

I've been incrementally increasing the WG duty % and logging everything - I didn't really build any noticeable boost until around 40% WG duty. Now I'm at 90% duty and only hitting about 12 psig in 4th gear, and less boost (9-10psi) in lower gears. Perhaps that is a function of my altitude (3428 ft above sea level).

I'm not hitting any boost cuts, and boost pressure seems fairly flat +/-1 psi through rev range. I've played around with the WG gain% a bit, but I think with my high WG duty I've run out of potential.

I've since read in old posts that a single-port WG performs better than a dual-port WG with single solenoid. I am going to try running this WG as single port and try the Lindsey Racing pressure regulator I have on hand.

Alternatively - Has anyone changed out the spring in the Lindsey Racing DP waste-gate?
Old 11-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Mista Dannovich
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scg-1 dimensions?

Hey i just ordered the scg-1 for my nissan 200sx s13 and i wanted to make a custom bracket to hold it since im free today, however i cant find any dimensions of the gauge at all.

Can someone measure some of the dimensions for me? Thanks

Quick Reply: Anybody using an Innovate Motorsports SCG-1 Boost Controller and wideband?