Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help 951 wont start. No fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 06:01 PM
v8killer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 951 wont start. No fuel.

Car wont start. 0 psi on fuel gauge. Fuel pump fuse is good. Pulled fuel pump and bench tested(it is good). No power getting to the fuel pump. Any more ideas???
Old 11-07-2015, 08:59 PM
ksui951
Advanced

Default relay

Originally Posted by v8killer
Car wont start. 0 psi on fuel gauge. Fuel pump fuse is good. Pulled fuel pump and bench tested(it is good). No power getting to the fuel pump. Any more ideas???
Is re.lay good
Old 11-08-2015, 12:03 AM
944crazy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this problem not too long ago, and odds are it's the DME relay for you too.
Any easy way to test if it's your DME relay is to bridge it with some wire wrapped around the pins 87, 87b and 30 like in here: http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/fuel-05.htm

If it is your relay, pop the cover off it and examine for damage. The connections on the back of the circuit board are prone to fatigue. You can solder them back up quite easily if this is the case. Instructions here:

I didn't bother doing any testing with the multimeter as the connections were obviously broken on mine. Took me 15 minutes to solder everything back together, put it back in and start the car.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:26 PM
porshapower
Intermediate

Hi Again. Pulled the shield under wheelwell and found leak around accumulator. It is not from the top of it. Fuel filter is dry. Waiting for someone to help crank while I look. Hopefully its at the threads. Fresh ziptie holding top of it so looks like someone was in there not long ago. Thanks again
Old 08-14-2019, 09:36 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by porshapower
Hi Again. Pulled the shield under wheelwell and found leak around accumulator. It is not from the top of it. Fuel filter is dry. Waiting for someone to help crank while I look. Hopefully its at the threads. Fresh ziptie holding top of it so looks like someone was in there not long ago. Thanks again
You can make the pump run without cranking -see here (step 5)

Quick Reply: Help 951 wont start. No fuel.