Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Arduino Electronic Boost Controller Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 05:42 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by use2windsurf
Couldn't you determine the gear based on speed and rpm?
Originally Posted by odonnell
This is a really cool thread. Has anyone considered using the wheel speed sensors to determine wheel slippage, so boost can be adjusted for optimal hookup? You would look at the speed of the front wheels, and compare them to the rear. I know megasquirt supports this but I'm sure it could be done easily with an arduino.
Yes and yes. See posts 19, 23, and 112 in this thread.

Shawn, is yours still using the arduino bootloader or has it morphed into a more proprietary/commercial product at this point?
Old 01-17-2016, 10:33 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Shawn, is yours still using the arduino bootloader or has it morphed into a more proprietary/commercial product at this point?
The EBC no longer uses the Arduino, so no boot loader. It does use a similar processor however. Sorry if not clear but this will now be a commercial unit as Rogue Tuning is involved. I handed the project to him and have helped with testing and enclosure design but received no financial benefit. I really just enjoy working on this stuff. I was struggling to make the project do what I really wanted it to do. Joshua got involved and I think what he has done with it will be very valuable to the community.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by refresh951
The EBC no longer uses the Arduino, so no boot loader. It does use a similar processor however. Sorry if not clear but this will now be a commercial unit as Rogue Tuning is involved. I handed the project to him and have helped with testing and enclosure design but received no financial benefit. I really just enjoy working on this stuff. I was struggling to make the project do what I really wanted it to do. Joshua got involved and I think what he has done with it will be very valuable to the community.
I'm sure it will be very slick when all is said and done. Was hoping for a megasquirt-style grassroots platform we could all work on, but totally understand it's no simple task. I may still post mine up in the style of my speedometer calibrator if I'm not stepping on any toes... Still a work in progress for now though.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:37 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I'm sure it will be very slick when all is said and done. Was hoping for a megasquirt-style grassroots platform we could all work on, but totally understand it's no simple task. I may still post mine up in the style of my speedometer calibrator if I'm not stepping on any toes... Still a work in progress for now though.
I'll have an option where you can purchase the hardware unprogrammed.
That way, if you desire, you can try doing an open-source software effort using quality hardware...
Old 01-28-2016, 09:22 AM
use2windsurf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
I'll have an option where you can purchase the hardware unprogrammed. That way, if you desire, you can try doing an open-source software effort using quality hardware...
when do you plan on making this available? What is you estimated price?

Quick Reply: Arduino Electronic Boost Controller Project