Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Passenger side lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
philip77o
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side lights not working

Hi, my 86 951 has an electrical problem, none of the passenger parking lights (front and rear) are working, bulbs are ok, replaced the headlight switch and it did'nt solve the problem. The brake lights are and turn signal are working...

Is this a common problem on these car ?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:03 PM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Could be a ground issue? Best to see if someone can post up a wiring diagram and trace the issue
Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 PM
philip77o
Instructor

I just found that the right side parking brake light fuse was blown, I replaced and it blew again 2 minutes later...
Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 AM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You likely have a power wire shorted to ground in the circuit. I would check the wiring at the lights to make sure a screw didn't pinch a wire...also have a look at the connectors for the bulbs..if nothing obvious your changing wires back to the fuse
Old 09-11-2013, 10:57 PM
philip77o
Instructor

Ok so I tried the parking lights with disconnected bulbs, the fuses kept blowing (with hood OPEN) That's weird because after that I tried turning parking lights ON with hood CLOSED. The fuse didnt blow, I then opened the hood, still no fuse blown, then I played with the hood a little with an eye on the engine compartmant light wire, when it came to the point that the wire started to bend, the parking lights fuse blew... I then removed the engine comp bulb (that wasnt working...?) tried another fuse.. opened the hood and played with it.. no blown fuse... Do the engine comp light is somehow in contact with parking lights ??

Quick Reply: Passenger side lights not working