Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

HKS EVC vacuum line question (external wg)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:24 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Post HKS EVC vacuum line question (external wg)

Installing both things today, but I would like to be sure on what lines need to be ran where when installing an EVC3 with a external wastegate.
The instructions seem to confuse the 3 ports on the soleniod with the picture. ie: they dont seem in order when they tell what goes where.
Im sure we will figure it out, but I really dont want to mess with cutting hose and running different tee fittings when someone here may just be able to tell me on what vac lines to hook into for each port.
1st port wants a intake manifold pressure source after throttle body.
2nd port wants source of pressurized air before intercooler and a tee going to the 2ndary port on the wastegate actuator (but the pic doesnt-it shows a line going straight to the wastegate w/o teeing at all)
3rd port says wastegate actuator line (top of wastegate), but the pic depicts it going into the side of the wastegate and teeing before the intercooler.
I know it sounds like port 2 and 3 are switched, but in the pic it depicts it as 3,2,1 R->L

sorry if this is confusing, but for anyone that has done it please drop me a line or two of advice..thanks!
Old 03-14-2003, 03:38 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

bump..maybe someone knows
Old 03-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try the HKS web site. They have a nice FAQ and also they have the phone number for their tech support

Konstantin
Old 03-15-2003, 05:06 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

im sorry , but bump again.

I know a few of you run these. Its the same as a EVC4. no tips? Its being installed tommorow--
35mm tial with an hks evc
(hopefully, aw we didnt find the right piece for the wastegate- its close, well see)

Quick Reply: HKS EVC vacuum line question (external wg)