Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My weekend in P-Car ownership....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My weekend in P-Car ownership....

OK, yesterday the wife was feeling Ill, so I took advantage of the time yesterday afternoon to polish her up, and wrap up an effort...

She started out looking like this

And with a little polish (sorry for the night time pic, I will try to get some daytime pics this week...)

CPR V1 installed (Euro Fogs too, more on that below)

Where did that switch come from? What could it do?

Low beam headlights ONLY:

55W Fogs ONLY

100W EURO Fogs ONLY

55W fogs, AND 100W Euro Fogs

55W, 100W, and LOW BEAMS

55W, 100W, and HIGH Beams

For the lights above I made a harness providing a separate fuse for each 100W fog bulb, and installed the EURO rear fog light switch, using an OEM harness connector (thanks pwnmastap, worked like a charm), I am hopeful that in the coming weeks I will be up and running either as a sponsor or partnered with an already existing sponsor to be offering this as a kit, but only time will tell (I am currently waiting for a quote from IB for the sponsorship info) I have a few projects I am working on, and will either be selling, or giving away how you can do it for yourself....

New Hatch seal installed, MMMM GOOD SEAL, no wore wind noise, no more fumes....

ALSO last week I resealed my hatch for the second time, HOLDING STRONG...
Old 03-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great!!! You are an addict now lol.

Last edited by Ballistic-Chapman; 03-22-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: because i can
Old 03-23-2009, 12:06 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Looking forward to that hatch seal. I told you the guy at the glass place said he couldn't do it but, I found the procedure on clarks garage. I wonder if I went and showed him what it said if he could do it or not. I hatch rattles horribly!!!!! I really need to get this fixed.

btw can you pm me info on your foglight setup. Cost and parts involved. Thats another thing I want to do to this car sometime in the future.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Very nice! Would you mind telling us you you wired the driving light switch?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Looking forward to that hatch seal. I told you the guy at the glass place said he couldn't do it but, I found the procedure on clarks garage. I wonder if I went and showed him what it said if he could do it or not. I hatch rattles horribly!!!!! I really need to get this fixed.

btw can you pm me info on your foglight setup. Cost and parts involved. Thats another thing I want to do to this car sometime in the future.
Good luck with the glass shop, I couldn't find any that would be willing to touch the rear hatch, so I did it myself, had to do it twice, but I think I got it the second time... The new seal seems to holding its own...

As far as the fog light wiring went it took a god bit of harness fabrication, and a little bit if thinking on my part, a few diodes, the switch I got from Ians, the harness I got from Pwnmastap, and the fog kit from Paragon, a bunch of heat shrink... I am awaiting a quote for sponsorship on here from IB, and maybe then I can build some and begin selling them, or persuade Paragon to pick it up as an option on their kit, I didn't really like the idea of cutting into my headlight harness to splice in the fogs, so I went the route I did... WOW, with these I MAY be able to run without headlights on, the 100W are brighter than my low beams by far... and project WAY farther... was about $120 worth of parts and the effort to build the harness but I did come across a way to integrate it without having to cut into the factory harnesses... If I become a sponsor this harness will be one of the first items I list for sale...
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Good luck with the glass shop, I couldn't find any that would be willing to touch the rear hatch, so I did it myself, had to do it twice, but I think I got it the second time... The new seal seems to holding its own...

As far as the fog light wiring went it took a god bit of harness fabrication, and a little bit if thinking on my part, a few diodes, the switch I got from Ians, the harness I got from Pwnmastap, and the fog kit from Paragon, a bunch of heat shrink... I am awaiting a quote for sponsorship on here from IB, and maybe then I can build some and begin selling them, or persuade Paragon to pick it up as an option on their kit, I didn't really like the idea of cutting into my headlight harness to splice in the fogs, so I went the route I did... WOW, with these I MAY be able to run without headlights on, the 100W are brighter than my low beams by far... and project WAY farther... was about $120 worth of parts and the effort to build the harness but I did come across a way to integrate it without having to cut into the factory harnesses... If I become a sponsor this harness will be one of the first items I list for sale...
Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John,

Entry level sponsorship=$2400, then increases accordingly.

Unfortunately IB no longer offers the "Small Business" sponsorships that John D did. The ones that still have it are "grandfathered" in...at least for one more year, then they too will have to pay a minimum of $2400.

Just an FYI...
Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 AM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

why not sell them on the rennlist black market? cough*PM ME*cough...
Old 03-23-2009, 03:01 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hockeydude
why not sell them on the rennlist black market? cough*PM ME*cough...
Because thats a damn easy way to get banned around here.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:03 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Because thats a damn easy way to get banned around here.
+1, I either do it right, or I distribute the info for free....

$2400... more than is costs to incorporate a new business, but less than proprietary rights would cost on a product... If I do make it and sell it, I want to do it right.... no sense in pissing in the IB bowl of wheaties, I like this place too much, and still have too much to learn to have to watch from the sidelines... and in reality $2400 annual budget for the advertising really isn't that bad....

Any one know how much a strip ad in Excellence is?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Just had to post another post, I didn't like my post count....
Old 04-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Or you can just list them on ebay, or even CL, at least to get started. I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry plunking down $2400 until I had a fair idea what the volume of _additional_ sales generated by the sponsorship would be...

Personally, I think IB have pissed in their own wheaties by not continuing to offer the "little guy" sponsorship option.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Also, is there a problem with the brightness/angle of the 100w fog beam with oncoming drivers? Obviously it's not a viable solution if it's the equivalent of driving around on high-beam all the time...
Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

I am guessing that switch came from Mike in NPN am I right there john????
Old 04-13-2009, 08:35 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
I am guessing that switch came from Mike in NPN am I right there john????
944online... Harness for it came from PwnmastaP..relay from Advance Auto, wires from the house, brains from birth, scars from life, car from hell

Quick Reply: My weekend in P-Car ownership....