Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Project thought for winter and year 2008

Old 12-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Markus951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project thought for winter and year 2008

Hey

Some of you might know that I tried to sell my car, but it seems after all that I am keeping it. Some of you might remember this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=GT35R

I have thought in wich direction I would develop it and this what I came up with. Since I am madly in love in GT3 RS I thought to choose something as a rollmodel for my car also my 951 is painted in orange like the GT3 RS it is an obvious choise.

What does it mean

1st Breaks - converte front brakes into GT2/GT3 6 pot calipers + 350mm discs + steelbraided hoses. I would not touch the rear brakes in the beginning.

Dont we just love the pictures in Pete's car...

18" wheel

2nd - Bolt rollcage wich is painted into same colour a my car (orange) Same style as on original GT3RS

I have thought about this desing of cage. It needs to be bolted since its a streetcar.

3rd GT3 look-alike carbon fibre seats wich weight many times less then my stock electical sport option seats. I quess weight reduction should be at least 50kg

4th 18" Techart wheels (10.5" on the back 8.5" on the front ) + street-legal Toyo R888 tyres 295/30/18 back ja 235/40/18 on the front.

Techart Formula GT with orange painted lip (like show in the pictures)
8.5 ET 50 (weight 10.5 kg)
10.5 ET 42 (11.5 kg)

Toyo R888

To give it even more weight reduction on the front I have thought of doing similar conversion like Corleone did (I hope he dont mind me posting pictures from about hes immaculate nutbreaking high hp car)

5th Suspension
KW coilovers ver 3 to replace original M030 coliover option by keeping the torsion bar

Lindsey solid bushing kit

Porsche 968 M030 sway bars + polyretane swaybar bushings front and back

6th Beside that I have given an option to replace my current Tatech 5 ecu into Tatech 6 PRO ecu wich will be released in December 2007. My future ECU would be connected to its own wideband EGT sensors it would have closed loop idle control + million other good features to make it more streetable more as a streetcar.

My future ecu would come with its own tracktion control wich uses stock ABS sensors to monitore wheelspin difference in front and rear. I can adjust it via special **** (according to teh conditions like its done in new BMW models) This feature will keep me of buying new rear tyres all the time + Its much safer in high speeds.. To adjust the grip you simply have to measure the WOT starts with G-tech to set it into the maximum (by maximum I mean little wheelspin, so the turbo will not choke)

Along with ecu I will replace all the wirening with new loom what comes with ECU. And I have thoguht of activating the launch control program this year..

This 2 features + new suspension would improve my 60 ft times alot..

7th Kep stage 2 clutch system to hold the power.

These are just couple of thoughts, time will show will I manage all of them before I leave the country..

If I start then nr.1 would be suspension, then wheels and tyres and then tatech upgrade. Rollcage, seats, breaks and front lights would come after that

Beside that I have another thought wich I think non of the users have done so far! Along with the other mods I am planning to change the overall look of my car not just by wheel but also by adding some bits

1st 968 turbo adjustable wing with Carbon Fibre center section

2nd Carbon fiber covered roof and hood like on this evo..
http://www.revozport.com/webpics/e46/CF%20Roof.JPG

Fron this picture its easier to tell, basically the roof + A-pillars

3rd Part would be carbon fiber covered front lip

I am going to take off all the stickers from the porsche and as I have sawn it without them its guite a bit boring.. The carbon fibre part + 75% black tinted windows would definitely bring some contrast into orange colour (for exapmple look at this 997 with Techart bodykit).

And for last. In power wise I might try E85 flexi fuel + spend day or 2 in dyno to get MAX out from my setup (this is something I did not do on 2007) and given hp number is just 80% of the power this engine is capable of..

What do you think?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

What do I think? GO GO GO
Old 12-05-2007, 06:32 AM
JarmoL
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mods

Hi,

Well.. I have been thinking a lot about the roof panel idea for my 968. I need to get rid of the sun roof opening so somekind of skin needs to be manufactured.
I'd probably also paint it like the Techart car.. it looks great!
So I say go for it..

Jarmo
Old 12-05-2007, 06:49 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Hey Markus. You won't get many US guys awake now so I'll be happy to answer.
Well that's some project and there are a few similarities to mine now and in the future. So here goes:

1)Brakes: I have contacted Olli a few times and hope that I am still on his list for the adaptors. I'll have to change back to older spindles to fit them. Otherwise I will look at alternatives in a similar capacity. The only other thing that occurred to me was having to change the master cylinder to suit? This is not as easy as it sounds.

2)Cage: How much of a hassle are bolt ons to well,.....bolt on? In other words will you be bothered to either take it out for the street or put it in for the track. I spoke to a pro out here (Australia) and he found that people weren't using the bolt ons very much due to the hassle factor. As you know the GT3's only come with a half cage. Are their bodies much more structurally stronger than ours? Probably. Would a half cage be worth it and would it work in a roll?? Apparently there are carbon fibre cages too. That would be good for lightness...of both the car and your wallet. lol

3)Seats: Love those seats. How much are they? How much do they weigh? If you've still got motorised stock seats in there you will lose a lot of kg's when you swap them out for sure!

4)Wheels: Well I like the look of those "Hot Wheels" too, but I think your proposed tyre size is too different front to rear. Our cars respond much better to sizes that are much closer than 60mm different. There are quite a few racers especially not far from you that run same size front and rear. At most I wouldn't want more than 30mm diff. Toyo R888's are a very good tyre as far as I'm concerned. I'm onto my 3rd set.

5)Lights: Yep, agreed Corleones car is awesome. I've also tried to get a set of the same lights from his friend Magnus. No luck yet and I'm not holding my breath. I have ordered a similar set from a German company and should see them in a few weeks. I'll take pics before and after and see if anyone else is interested. They are custom made by this outfit who also make a few other interesting things. Stay tuned.

6) Suspension: Well I have been the biggest proponent of KW suspension on this forum so you don't need to convince me. Sold! If you can afford it get the 2-way race as they will custom make them for your car and whatever you plan to use it for. Same with all the changes to the bushes. Just use RacersEdge stuff I reckon. In fact I think that's what Lindsey are selling there.

7)EMS: I've heard a couple of you guys rave about the Tatech stuff so it must be pretty good. I don't know about this.

8) Body bits: The c/f 968 rear spoiler I assume is the one from VanZweden? I have the same thing but it's not installed yet. I also have their c/f hood and in my opinion their stuff isn't as good as it looks in the photos on their site, but that's the same of many products. Still, it can be cleaned up and will look great once you do that.
The c/f roof is interesting and not sure where you'd get that from unless you have someone that can custom make it using a real roof for a mold? I love the idea though and have liked that since seeing the M3 CSL. Let me know if you succeed in finding one.

Finally on the red 951 in the last picture, is that with a wide body kit or am I just imagining that the rear wheel fenders are wider? Actually looking at it from the rear photo confirms that it is not a widebody, but it looks like it from above photo.

PM me if you want a bit more info too.

Patrick

PS are you still coming to Australia?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Markus951
Racer

HEy All

Red 951 seems completly stock in fender wise.. If you notice my car would have same bits installed in the end. GTlip, Turbo S wing, strosek sideskirts.. I a quessing thats the wheel offset what is confusing you.

GT3 look-alike seats you can find in ebay in US.. there are many varieties Leatehr, carbon, fabric etc.. They are priced 1600 USD as pair made in china I quess..

Front lights - I am sure it can be custom fabricated here in Estonia. You can easily find the light modules in HELLA cataloque the plexi-glass cover and CB light frame can be manufatured as one-off..

Carbon fibre hood and roof and rear spoiler and front lip.. Would be done in the way that that carbon layers will installed on top of the stock roof, and then covered with specail transparent plastic-paint and it needs to sand-blasted and then paintede and then sand-blasted again untill its ready to polishe and then its done.. Same goes for hood and front lip and rear spoiler.. Carbon layer will be installed with special glue (or whatever the think glue-type of material is what is used also to create glassfibre parts) and then painted with transparent plastic.

Rollcage - I think it would look cool and the front side of it can be installed and reinstalled easily.. and the back-half witch is not on the way by getting in-out of the car would be there permanently..
I am not going to remove my current roof just that I will put carbon fibre layer on top of it for cool visibility

Tyre size - could be 225-40-18 on the front as well.. dont know yet.

Thanks for comments.. I hope it will not look too ricer because of CB

EDIT : Yes I am still planning to come down there
Old 12-05-2007, 07:35 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Oh, ok the c/f on top. Well I would only want it for lightening rather than looks but I like the look on the CSL so why not our cars?
See the pics of the lights. Good weight savings, and much more room underhood without motors and bars etc.
With the wheels I meant wider fronts not narrower. More like 265's f 295's r.
Attached Images   
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Markus951
Racer

Hey

Did you order thos from http://www.kfz-vonoldenburg.de/produkte.html#3 ?

http://www.kfz-vonoldenburg.de/shark...inwerfer_1.jpg

Markus..

PS I am not sure can you mount 265 tyres into 8.5 wide wheel?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Markus951
Hey

Markus..

I'm rolling on just that tire size and wheel width.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Markus951
Hey

Markus..

Yep, that's the site.
Well I'm not so concerned with the wheel as I am with the tyre. I would not have over 30mm difference front to back so I'd make sure the wheel fit the tyre first although as Derek has said, he's running 265's on 8.5".
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Markus951
Racer

OK thats good to know..

What about the quality of those lights.. Are you happy with them? How do they fit? Are there any problems? Or you still waiting for them..

I just go e-mail from Tatech and it seems tht my new pro tatech wiring includes also the shielded wires for the abs-sensors and with T6 Pro you get the three extra a/d inputs for oil/fuel/exhaustgaspressure etc. sensors. + it will have internal datalogger.

One more feature wich will make my ignition even more accurate is by connecting this stock http://eku.3lite.ee/album26/P5250009?full=1 3-din hall sensor for cam-sync. Also I am planning to use Audti 1.8T Coil In plug Ignition to have full sequential ignition/fuelling and use full benefit of my tracktion control..will see.

Using good standalone will for sure open up a way to high horsepower but with many aftermarket ecu-s affect everyday drivebility, cold start, fuel consumption etc.. I know it from my personal experience it was not really a difference wether you where driving on the road or on the traffic...not to mention all the other stuff. Lets hope that its no there is no issues like this to face in upcoming year!

Cheers
M

Th
Old 12-05-2007, 09:31 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

mark go for it. I as well will be going thru a huge transformation myself.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those headlight buckets are amazing looking. By far the best "kit" I have seen for these! And the adj. rear spoiler is pure artwork to me. Def. on my list.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:30 PM
ittia
Burning Brakes

+5 on the lights. THANK YOU for that link and Von Oldenburg is only 2.5 hours drive from where I live. Yet another good excuse for an autobahn run.

Are these the Hella "modules" that Corleone has? Bottom PIC.

Also, what type of wheels are these?
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Markus, I don't have those lights yet. Should be just before X-mas.
ittia, by all means go and see those guys. I have emailed them a few times in English and they don't respond. I had a German friend phone them and they were very keen to send some to me. I showed them the same pics of Corleones car and they said you could adapt them to fit same Xenons apparently so we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ittia
Also, what type of wheels are these?
Those are 2002 996 18" Carrera 5-Spokes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project thought for winter and year 2008