944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

HELP!! Car doesnt start and oil in the throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Commander
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Car doesnt start and oil in the throttle body

Hi Ladies and Gentleman i need your help finding out how and why oil is in my air filter box, throttle body, and air intake manifold. The throttle switch sensor is ruined because that much oil was leaking into it.

Also i bought this car on craigslist and the guy i bought it from he bought it at a towing yard because the previous owner did not pay the storage fees.

the car cranks, but does not run. When i try to start it one or two pistons will fire causing it to turnover a bit but will immediately die if i stop the starter.

I bought the Haynes Repair Manual, but it doesnt mention the PCV valve or why there would be oil in the intake manifold.

Another curious thing is the Air Flow sensor is functional but the voltage going to it is in spec. if it was a turbo. 5 volts are going to it but the book says that it should be 8 or more volts for the non-turbo.

Engine temperature sensor is good.
Fuel injectors have voltage going to them and the resistance they produce are within spec.
Spark going to all spark plugs and in the correct order.

Please help me get this car back on the road. Thank you
Old 03-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Commander
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Images        

Last edited by Commander; 03-04-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:51 PM
snb13
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oil in those bits usually means the AOS seals are bad. As for the non-start, does the tach bounce when you crank it?

Quick Reply: HELP!! Car doesnt start and oil in the throttle body