944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Would you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 01:22 PM
TheFatArmenian
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you?

This would be my first Porsche. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Porsche...m=282371543772

Seems to be in decent shape.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:11 PM
sweetskillsrk
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks like it's in great shape, but looks can be deceiving. But, then again, it's PCA member owned and driven and it's garage kept so that's a pretty good indicator that the car has had a nice life. For an S2 it's a good price too. Being a PCA member he will have the history on the vehicle so make sure to ask him a few questions before buying, but from what I can tell just looking at an eBay ad....go for it.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:34 PM
porscharu
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am not saying there is deferred maintenance, but the distributor cap is original so I am sure the rotor is too. The fuel lines are original. Something just doesn't look right about the dash or the top in the up position. I would ask about the clutch, timing belt/rollers, front seals, motor mounts, chain tensioner pads, suspension, etc. Just for reference I have basically the exact same car color and all. The battery cover is still in place lol. Could be a good buy, but all of the aftermarket interior parts would drive me crazy and you could drop 2-3k into it right away even if you do all the work. Not counting replacing all of the interior bits.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Jymmybob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to do a doubletake because there's a really similar one also in Cleveland that keeps popping up on my searches. I just assumed it was the same one until I was about to link it here as an alternative set of pictures and noticed the different VIN. It's asking a lot more though. https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6009861116.html

Quick Reply: Would you?