What does this plug go to?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Ashman
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question What does this plug go to?

Hi all,

Whilst dinkering around under the dash of my 944 getting ready to take out the cruise control computer for the usual re-soldering job, I noticed that there is a plug hanging down that doesn't seem to go to anything.

Any idea what this baby is? The picture is taken from down by the pedals looking up behind the dash. I've marked the steering column, front of the car, and passenger compartment. There is a 12-pin connector hanging unconnected. This is the connector in question...

Mystery plug...
Old 01-23-2017, 03:54 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Door harness? It should have a bracket on the door side way up under everything on the upper sheet metal. I believe there are two harnesses. One that ties into the front wire harness and the other ties into the door.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:27 AM
Ashman
Rennlist Member

That would mean that the controls on the door wouldn't work and the mirror wouldn't adjust, correct? All of those are working as far as I can tell.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Then it may be for the front harness. It should plug into a plug that is mounted to the underside of the dash close to the edge of the dash but under everything. You may have to remove the cruise control ecu to gain access and visual.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Ashman
Rennlist Member

I'm actually wondering if it doesn't go to the airbag, which my car isn't equipped with. It therefore might make sense to have that connector not connected to anything.

Quick Reply: What does this plug go to?