944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Looking for an engine builder.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:25 PM
trucker677
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an engine builder.

Hi guys, I took the motor out of my 85.5 944 NA, I want to get it rebuilt. I did a search on google and a company called Lindsey racing came out, I checked out their website and to rebuild a long block it is 1350. USD. I called a guy in Ontario who builds them all the time for 6500 Can. I am thinking with the exchange on the dollar and shipping it is still worth it to ship it to the states and get it done. My question is has anyone ever dealt with this company before, what experiences have you had and is there a company that is closer to the border that deals with 944 engines and repairs. Thanks is advance,
Old 01-03-2016, 10:51 AM
924srr27l
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trucker677
Hi guys, I took the motor out of my 85.5 944 NA, I want to get it rebuilt. I did a search on google and a company called Lindsey racing came out, I checked out their website and to rebuild a long block it is 1350. USD. I called a guy in Ontario who builds them all the time for 6500 Can. I am thinking with the exchange on the dollar and shipping it is still worth it to ship it to the states and get it done. My question is has anyone ever dealt with this company before, what experiences have you had and is there a company that is closer to the border that deals with 944 engines and repairs. Thanks is advance,
Hi, I'm from the Uk and have dealt with Mike from Lindsey Racing over the last 3+ years and can report the following:

- He always replies to my Emails promptly, questions and advises me with no pressure to sell anything.
- He actually advised me many times NOT to spend money on several things as they would not really be advantageous in my application etc..
- The USA Dollar is good in comparison with the UK pound hence why I decided to use Lindsey Racing instead of anybody here in the UK
- They have been around long enough to be not be "bad" without anyone not knowing this if you know what I mean...
- I've been involved in Automotive tuning for 25+ years with my working career and have come across many cowboys and people generally giving out a poor service to make a buck, and I can often spot these a mile off!
Lindsey Racing has been very professional and offered my exactly what I was looking for.

R
Old 01-03-2016, 06:12 PM
trucker677
5th Gear

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I am from the UK as well, I was born in Plymouth, my dad transferred to the Canadian navy when I was 2 and I grew up in Canada ever since, It seems like everyone in Canada jacks the price up on everything here when it comes to car parts. I am not far from the border so its a quick drive away. I left him a voice mail today so I hope he calls me tomorrow with info, Have you had engine work done there before. If s how was it when you got it back
Old 01-04-2016, 09:29 AM
924srr27l
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trucker677
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I am from the UK as well, I was born in Plymouth, my dad transferred to the Canadian navy when I was 2 and I grew up in Canada ever since, It seems like everyone in Canada jacks the price up on everything here when it comes to car parts. I am not far from the border so its a quick drive away. I left him a voice mail today so I hope he calls me tomorrow with info, Have you had engine work done there before. If s how was it when you got it back
Wow Small World!

I bought my current project car a 924S 2.5 from Plymouth in 2012

Have a look a the dedicated website, where you'll see the new Engine and all the associated parts I got from LR

http://www.924srr27L.co.uk

R
Old 01-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 126 Posts

Check out NOAH on the standard 944 list. He lives in Alberta along with some other 944 guys. LR is supposed to be top-notch..1350 isn't too bad..I spent more than that on mine if you count parts. If they can hone the alusil bores, and do it right, your miles ahead of the game!
Old 02-12-2016, 04:31 PM
KillPhil
Instructor

Have you tried talking to Markus at Blaszak Precision Motorsports in Kingston? He rebuilds 944 engines all the time. He can either do it or advise you. Cheers,

Quick Reply: Looking for an engine builder.