Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Keyless entry (remote locking) electrical question on the system I'm using.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Daliance
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Keyless entry (remote locking) electrical question on the system I'm using.

All,

Any auto electricians out there, who can help with this query?
Basically I'm trying to fit a keyless entry system to my 1990 Porsche 944 S2.

From a Rennlist post (shown below), I know which wires to tap into and where there (in the central locking control box under the steering wheel). That bit I'm fine with, I've found the wires no problem. What I can't do is decipher the wiring diagram supplied with the keyless entry system (3rd pic below). I'm no electrician so don't have a clue what to start in order to connect what to what!

Ok, I've mastered the first part and can wire in the 12v positive and negative etc but its knowing which wires to connect where based on the post obtained from the Rennlist. Can anybody help shed any light on what wires on my keyless entry system I need to connect to the wires detailed in the Rennlist post? Pic links to wiring diagram and instructions are below:

Pic1 - the easy part!

general instructions on use - easy

this is where I get stuck.. don't know which wires I should be putting where!

Cheers!

Daliance ('90 S2 that needs remote central locking!)

Rennlist post https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=keyless+entry

With the 86 951 stock electric lock system there should be a Brown w/White stripe and a Brown w/Red stripe wire in the wiring harness coming from each door. They go to door lock switches on both doors and the lock control unit. Ground the Brown/Red and the lock should go Auf (up). Ground the Brown/White and the lock should go Zu (down?). If you can find the lock control unit, the Br/Wh and Br/R wires go into pins 7 and 9 on the connector (if you can follow the wiring from the central lock switch, it goes to the lock control unit).

Not sure how the keyless module you have works, but hopefully it has relays or can directly control the up/down wires.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:07 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

if you lift up your passenger rug under the plate is the factor alarm the color wires you said for lock(br/wh) and unlock (br/rd) are there. they work off neg trip. which means when they see a ground they will activate. find out what are the negitive lock and unlock wires off the key less entry and tap them into those wires. any other questions www.soundfxny.com
Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Daliance
4th Gear

Default Dragged up post from the past..

I'm doing what I did below on a new car now and have completely forgotten from last what I wired where..! Not being an electrical whizz I know this is all possible having done it before but would appreciate anybody's help with the specifics on my wiring problem. What I should be wiring where basically.

I have a keyless entry system I'd like to fit to my central locking control unit in the car to basically make the car have remote central locking. Great!

But I'm stuck as to what I need to wire where, oh no I hear you cry! The wiring diagram for the unit and for my central locking unit are below.

I know from another forum that if I do the following:

Ground the Brown/White and the lock should lock.
Ground the Brown/Red and the lock should unlock

But I don't know specifically which I the wires from the keyless entry control unit I need to connect up to allow this to happen. Can anybody help at all? As I'm not too hot with wiring diagrams.

(I'm ok with 12v+ and the negative etc)

Thank you in advance!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-..._0254small.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...5/otherpic.JPG

Quick Reply: Keyless entry (remote locking) electrical question on the system I'm using.