Notices

Rear Axle Boot Replacement Complete - here's the pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Dwayne
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Edwards
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Nice work, Dwayne! Great writeup! One question - where'd you source the knurled tip pliers for the C-clips? I haven't seen those before.
THANKS, guys, for the great comments....it's rewarding!!

Dr. Bob's link to the Sears pliers is the same I bought. I got mine at Kragen for $15.99. It has an embossed crosshatch pattern on the tips that really grip the pointed end of the clip so it doesn't slip off. Worked beautifully!!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Dwayne
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Ball
Agree! I can link the write-up here, but a website back-up would be great! Dwayne, can you do that or do you need someone to host it? I'd be glad to put up a Dwayne's Workshop for you on my webspace.

Also, my garage and I were complete mess after this job. You could perform surgery with your degree of clenliness.
THANKS, Bill for the offer! If the pics and writeup help just one person with the job, It's more than worth it to me to get it documented and accessible for others. Only problelm is I don't know a thing about setting up a website. I"m sure I could learn but in the meantime, if it's not too much trouble, let's put it up on your webspace. Do you need anything from me or would you just copy what's been posted on the list already?? I'd be happy to help anyway I can. Also, there's suspension and Brakes threads that may be useful to get on there too. I can PM you my phone number or you can send me yours and we can talk direct if we need to. THANKS!!

Quick Reply: Rear Axle Boot Replacement Complete - here's the pics