Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE READ - Trailer Break In

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 12:07 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PLEASE READ - Trailer Break In

Hey all.

My trailer was broken into last Friday evening out in front of my shop. Because it was back away from an adjacent streetlight and in the relative darkness, the thieves went through the rear door, cutting the rear lever bar hasps and dropping the beaver tail to get in. Because it was out in the open, they did not try the side door until they were inside, and at that point they failed to get it open despite blowing the entire thing to bits all over the place. Contrary to my assumption that it would have been easy pickings, it took me a good 15 minutes to finish the job, even though most of the parts were scattered on the floor already.

So far, this is what I know is missing;

- One set of four (4) 8x16 early offset (86-951) Phone Dials with "vintage" Toyo Proxes RA1s on them. These wheels were still in original silver, and in quite good shape, save for the usual tire machine scratches that generally relegate wheels like this to track use. The tires are virtually bald and at least 10 years old (and yet still stick amazingly well). The stick on weights are most likely taped. The rims are clean and undamaged save for the scratches. The thing that makes them somewhat uncommon, in terms of resale, is that they are ALL 8" width.

- One very early sedan type HANS device with the sliding tether upgrade for use with quick click anchors. This device is utterly generic, except for one V*E*R*Y specific and TOTALLY unique modification I made to it that I doubt anyone else has done. That makes it utterly identifiable by me if anyone comes across it.

It has taken me over 20 years to accumulate the good track kit that I have. Most of what I am worth monetarily rests in my truck, trailer, and track kit, and it royally pisses me off to no end that these dirt bags got me. I now will DREAM & FANTASIZE about torturing them until they die a slow and cruel death. The State Police are not going to do much more than scan Craigslist, if I am lucky.

I don't hold much hope of ever seeing my stuff again. However, if anyone happens to see anything matching this description for sale out there in the world, I'd appreciate a heads up. Please contact me BEFORE you talk to any prospective seller so that I can decide what next step is best. Ideally, I find out who the local ****ers are, break every bone in their bodies, and THEN call the police to come and scrape up their remains for prosecution.

With any luck, I would get put in the same cell with them!
Old 12-10-2016, 02:00 PM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss.....
( as the victim of theft previously --- over 20,000 in Audi and Porsche parts, a gun, and some antique collectibles, I detest freakin' thieves. May they rot in a very painful and undignified way )

I hope you get it all back and you have good insurance to take care of the torn up trailer.

Keeping my eyes peeled
Old 12-10-2016, 03:26 PM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From a 10,000-foot view, this seems like a pretty specific crime... as in maybe you were targeted by someone you've been in contact with from track circles? I guess random theft is possible, and they didn't know what was in the trailer, but not sure how much track-duty phone dials and HANS device are really worth on the open market.

Sucks for sure. On the bright side (?), could be a lot worse. I hope you're able to improve your community by catching up to them before the cops do.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry for your loss..I feel your pain..I have been there myself in a similar situation..
Old 12-13-2016, 09:33 PM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I will keep an eye out across the boarder
Old 12-13-2016, 11:04 PM
pfarah7
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 148 Posts

Sorry for the invasion of your privacy. It sucks when this crap happens...
Old 12-14-2016, 04:53 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry, I'll look out for those items.

Just be glad that's all they took. The bastards stole my dad's 964 C2 about a week after he bought it. He never let that go. And think about upgrading your security, because they dirtbags are like rodents, they will be back.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:51 PM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
... And think about upgrading your security, because the dirtbags are like rodents, they will be back.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ - Trailer Break In