Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of leaks. Any particular order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:27 PM
porscharu
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I could choke a window regulator, mine would be in a shallow grave right now. How did the Germans install these at the factory? Did they assemble them inside the door? Sorry.............just venting. It was removed cleaned and lubed up and laying on the garage floor. I had to walk away. Believe me when I crack the code I will let everyone know.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:35 PM
snb13
Pro

It's possible. I did it about 6 years ago so I'm a bit fuzzy on it.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:44 PM
porscharu
Pro

Originally Posted by snb13
It's possible. I did it about 6 years ago so I'm a bit fuzzy on it.
I know it's possible because I got it out. That is the part. Reminds me of when I did a turbo swap in a day outside of my apartment. The last thing to go on was the banjo bolt to the oil line on the turbo. Tried to thread the bolt for thirty minutes without cross threading the CHRA. I walked away and the next morning it went in first try. I can only hope this will turn out the same.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:42 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Just wanted to thank you for this thread. I'm getting ready to do about the same thing on the seals/WP/oil cooler etc and I have found your thread very helpful. It's good to know what I'm getting myself into .
Old 03-23-2016, 09:26 PM
porscharu
Pro

Never would I have imagined spending this much time installing a door card. Window regulator is back in and running faaaar smoother and faster. The sweet spot seemed to be about 3/4 of the way down and go in motor up. While rotating counter clockwise and placing the motor behind the rail you can just slip the arm in. The forward roller is the hardest to get back on track but you should know that from disassembly. Hook the motor up, you will have to raise the arm a bit for the rear roller. Finally install the bracket for the roller opposite the front roller. Take some time at this point to adjust this bracket in conjunction with the loosely installed motor to "level" the window. Making sure it is not tipped forward or back and seats uniformly on the weather stripping. The fun began when I started mounting the armrest with accompanying speaker brackets. These are blind holes and forget about doing this without a magnetic screwdriver.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:29 PM
porscharu
Pro

The highlight of my evening was putting around my neighborhood with my three year old son strapped in the passenger seat. All we talked about was helicopters and stop signs, but these are the days I will long for.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:00 PM
porscharu
Pro

Well the old gal took a three hour trip down I81 to Tennessee. She will be staying at my dad's house temporarily while we get everything packed for our move to Bowling Green. Dad said she drove really well and it was good to see him driving off in her from the driveway. He had not experienced the car in at least two years and she is running far better now then the last time. Minor things to tackle when I get to KY, mirror adjustment switch and he said the driving lights didn't come on. All in all a huge endorsement for all the work I put into this car over the last couple years.

Quick Reply: Lots of leaks. Any particular order?