Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A senior moment

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 04:04 AM
sstman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A senior moment

So I received the new LED lighting units that it thought I would fit for the rear number plate lights on the 968, during the trial fitting, I popped the 7.5 amp fuse that protects that lighting circuit. (only discovered when refitted original lighting, no longer working!).... Oh well, I've got a spare in the fuse box lid.... fitted it, all well again, so completed my 'tinkering'. Next day, were off in a day trip to IWM Duxford, bright early start.... get in car.... turn key.... turns over, no tachometer bounce, and nothing else.... I pull at the engine several times, but no, she ain't gonna start!..... A bit perplexed at this point, I swap the DME relay, again nothing.... All the possible causes for non starting then swirl through my head.... I look through the fuse descriptions in the fuse box lid.... "oh look" a 7.5 amp fuse protects the DME relay circuit, could it be blown??? I scan down the row of fuses to find the exact item......only to find a gap!!? no fuse in that location....can you guess what I had done??

I felt a total Pratt ! getting old is a bugger! ....
Old 08-27-2014, 10:56 AM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Getting old is a real bugger....Nowadays when I bend down to tie my shoes, I try to find something else to do while I'm down there....
Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 PM
944hal
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting old is a real bugger....Nowadays when I bend down to tie my shoes, I try to find something else to do while I'm down there....

Agreed. Once you manage to get down there, you don't look forward to getting back up! I feel your pain, really, I do!

Quick Reply: A senior moment