Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos from 2014 944Fest Southeast Region

Old 06-23-2014, 10:24 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Photos from 2014 944Fest Southeast Region

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share some of my photos from the event this past weekend. First and foremost, I wanted to thank Travis of Rennbay for supplying all of the T-shirts and raffle prizes, Van Svenson for providing all of the event and raffle decals, Rob Canova for supplying a custom shifter and cup-holder for the raffle, Shawn Deal & family for helping with the sign-in booth, Rich & Scott from Classic Design in Athens GA for bringing 2 very unique race cars to display, and of course, the many of you who participated and made this event possible by just being there! Thank you!

We had a great turnout - somewhere around 40 cars showed up! On Saturday we met up for a big 944 meet & greet / car show / raffle prizes / pizza. The weather was perfect (for late June anyway), with a chance of rain on the forecast but not a single drop while the event took place!

Sunday morning a handful of us ran the "Georgia Dragon" which is basically a high speed cruise through the mountains. The Georgia Dragon is the sort of route well known to locals, not as cluttered and congested as the world-famous Tail of the Dragon (on the NC-TN border), but equally as crooked, twisty, and hilly! We stopped occasionally for photos, and wrapped up the day with lunch at a local burger restaurant.

Please feel free to add your own photos to this thread! Below are some Facebook photo albums that others have taken.

Photos from Brent (red 87 924S with 951 motor, Charlotte NC)
Facebook Post

Photos from Reid (blue 90 944S2, Athens GA)
http://s605.photobucket.com/user/pha...?sort=3&page=1

Photos from TJ (red 88 951, Auburn AL)
Facebook Post

Below are my photos. Enjoy!

Panamera wheels for sale... cheap!

Last edited by drift a 944; 06-24-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Raffle prizes!

A few rolling shots...

Sunday's mountain run!
I lent my camera to Reid's girlfriend/passenger because I had my hands slightly full while driving. Luckily for me, they were behind me for most of the run, so I ended up with a lot of great shots of my car!

If you look through some of the other photo albums I posted at the top of the page, there are some really nice shots of some of the other cars while driving.

My one obligatory slide for the day was captured:

First or second stop I think.. This was a small hole-in-the-wall gift shop for the Blood Mountain portion of the Appalachian Trail. The actual trail runs right through this shop, and is equipped with a hostile for hikers, lots of hiking gear for sale, and even a shipping service to send all the unwanted gear back home you thought you'd need. The shoes on the tree are a tradition - Once you've hiked this far and realized you don't need the extra weight on your back of 2-3-or more pairs of shoes, you toss your extra sets into the tree. Maybe for good luck I suppose.

Next stop: just a random runaway truck ramp. Shortly after we stopped, a group of Scion FRS drivers passed by and decided to join us.

Our last stop of the day was back in the town of Dahlonega, GA. which is where we began the run. We had a great lunch and then said our goodbyes!

Thanks for viewing! What a fun weekend... I hope to see everyone again next time!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:57 PM
NascarRacn
Advanced

Thanks for sharing....sorry I missed this year !
Old 06-24-2014, 12:29 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Elliot, thanks for a great time. We really enjoyed it.

I asked my son which car he would want out of all of them. The response the lizard car, meaning your camo car. He thought it was awesome and I heard all about it on the way home.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Phantoms
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elliott thanks for another great 944 weekend!
Here's a link to my pictures on photobucket, http://s605.photobucket.com/user/pha...?sort=3&page=1
Better quality and you can actually zoom in and see the full panorama pics. I'll post a link to my video footage later this week when everything is edited. It was great meeting all the new folks, looking forward to the next one!
-Reid
Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NascarRacn
Thanks for sharing....sorry I missed this year !
Hey Ken! No worries, I think we have some great plans for next year that I think you will really enjoy if you can make it

Originally Posted by black944 turbo
Elliot, thanks for a great time. We really enjoyed it.

I asked my son which car he would want out of all of them. The response the lizard car, meaning your camo car. He thought it was awesome and I heard all about it on the way home.
Richard, thanks so much for coming down from Charlotte to participate! I'm glad you guys had fun.

My paint job has gotten a lot of interesting comments over the past year but this is the first time it's been called a lizard car! Haha! I love it!

Originally Posted by Phantoms
Elliott thanks for another great 944 weekend!
Here's a link to my pictures on photobucket, http://s605.photobucket.com/user/pha...?sort=3&page=1
Better quality and you can actually zoom in and see the full panorama pics. I'll post a link to my video footage later this week when everything is edited. It was great meeting all the new folks, looking forward to the next one!
-Reid
Thanks Reid! Always a pleasure to have you join us!

I edited the top post to show the photobucket link for ya. Thanks for the pics!
Old 06-24-2014, 11:31 AM
951Tom
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Great pics, thanks for posting. Looks like you guys had fun. I would have been nervous parked by that runaway truck ramp. LOL
Old 06-24-2014, 04:40 PM
ltdan12a
Instructor

Kind of cool having the FRS guys stop... I think that car is a very close comparison to our 944's
Old 06-24-2014, 05:10 PM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks like y'all had a great time!

However, I am sad to see that, once again in photos, someone driving left of center. It's that kind of driving that a) taints the reputation of all Porsche drivers and b) endangers not only the driver but other drivers/cars, as well. So, please, enjoy the fun driving but do so smartly.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Phantoms
Intermediate

Old 06-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice turnout, thanks for sharing!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:38 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone and thanks for the video, Reid!
Old 10-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I passed a clean guards red 944 on I88 today with a 944fest 2014 sticker in the rear window. Looking through the photos, it looks like this was the car:

Not sure if he is a member here. I gave a thumbs up, but was not in my 944, so probably looked like an idiot.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:03 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Murcia
I passed a clean guards red 944 on I88 today with a 944fest 2014 sticker in the rear window. Looking through the photos, it looks like this was the car:

Not sure if he is a member here. I gave a thumbs up, but was not in my 944, so probably looked like an idiot.
Cool!

That is my buddy Deangelo Lee. He just moved up to your area from Atlanta like last week. I'm sure you will see him around more often. Next time you see him driving by, try to catch him and introduce yourself! He wants to meet some Chicago area 944 guys. Tell him I said hello!
-Elliott
Old 10-31-2014, 12:08 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Photos from 2014 944Fest Southeast Region