Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Wiper Arm Broken off ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Austin87
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Wiper Arm Broken off ....

Lately feeling like I am driving a Corvair or a Fiat. I put my wipers on a couple day s ago and heard a "snap". My drivers wiper works normal, but my pass side wiper stopped moving altogether.

So I popped the hood and removed the plastic wiper cover and it seems the steel arm from the passenger side wiper broke off of the "gear" it attaches to on the drivers side.

I do not have a pic at this time but can snap one in AM. If anyone understands what happened and has how to repair this I would appreciate that.

Thanks! AA
Old 10-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Der Treiber
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be suspicious of the radial thread stripping on the underside of the arm, where the arm attaches to the linkage spindle that pokes out through the rain cover. Probably just best to get a replacement arm. Clean out the stripped metal from the spindle threads, then replace w/ new/used arm. You could try epoxying the stripped arm, but if that doesn't work, you've created a real problem being able to use a known-good replacement arm.

Quick Reply: Passenger Wiper Arm Broken off ....