Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help California 944 turbo

Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
thelorn
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help California 944 turbo

Hi guys I'm new to the forum so bear with me. I have a 87 Porsche 944 turbo which I bought a year ago.
it's now leaking oil and few minor problems. I'm removing the motor. My question has to do with California smog does anyone have a modified Porsche 944 turbo that has passed smog. While my motor is out I'm doing a venturi delete kit, new sensors, new air lines, Lindsey maf kit, better turbo(need input), exhaust (need input), dual port wastegate. I'm not sure what will work and what wont so if anyone have a car that has passed smog with mods please let me know what you have installed. Money is no object but smog is. thanks noob Porsche guy.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:07 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be very careful with a Maf and cone filter setup. Car runs fine but most smog shop that I've been to tends to fail the visual due to the setup. I have heard of other shop not caring at all and pass them. It's a hit and miss.

As for Lindsey Maf, A friend of mine had this on and did not like it at all. Winter months it was fine but summer months was bad due to the hot air it was sucking in. The Maf housing is also made of Aluminum and the temp of the unit got so hot during summer months the car's idle was really bad. Ran great when it's cold and while on the freeway.

I personally like this setup: http://roguetuning.com/951_maf_kit_m-tune%C2%A9. I don't have it yet but I plan to. Heard great results with this setup as well as Vitesse. If I do go this route I will purchase a 2nd DME box so I can always go back to stock when I have to do a Smog. Have to see if Rouge has them available.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help California 944 turbo