Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideola's Garage - Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Barry Johnson
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genikz
I got flamed for a similar post a few years ago regarding a transaction with a Rennlister that went south. That post was the only reason I got the part I paid for. Sometimes you need to bring things to the forum that people visit, be it technical or not, to resolve the issue.

I have nothing but good things to say about Ideola, but 100+ good transactions does not mean **** to the OP, when he may be getting the run around by a seller.

Just my $.02. Flame away internet heros.

Well said, friend.

I'm stepping away from this thread, I really don't want any drama, I just want to build Porsches and enjoy them like the rest of you and get and offer feedback, help and advice when I can. Keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks for a G31/951 conversion thread, packed with helpful insight and tips!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry Johnson

Well said, friend.

I'm stepping away from this thread, I really don't want any drama, I just want to build Porsches and enjoy them like the rest of you and get and offer feedback, help and advice when I can. Keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks for a G31/951 conversion thread, packed with helpful insight and tips!
Looking forward to it, I may do the same thing down the road...
Old 03-07-2011, 12:16 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

My turn.

Barry became concerned when I didn't respond to an email and a voice mail within 24 hours, and contacted the moderator, who contacted me.

Barry's communication with me occurred while I was traveling for business for two solid weeks between 14-24 February (the first week was for the DIA EDM Conference @ National Harbor in DC, the second for the HIMSS 2011 Conference in Orlando).

While I typically make an attempt to reply to email and voice mails within 24 hours, sometimes my day job travel schedule impedes my ability to do so. This was one of those cases, for which I apologized to Barry. Every other email I received from Barry was replied to within 24 hours of receiving it.

With respect to the order, it was for a complete G31 rebuild kit, which consists of parts that have to be fulfilled from at least 2 and sometimes 3 different sources. In many cases, the parts have to be ordered by my supplier from Germany, and often take a couple of weeks before they arrive. I have no control over Porsche's inventory system, which is antiquated and notorious for being out of date and unreliable. I communicated this to Barry at the outset when I acknowledged his initial order.

I have never made any claims to be the fastest bestest most-items-in-stock supplier. That's not my niche, and not one that I have the overhead or capital to even attempt. What I do attempt to do is to provide accurate, knowledgeable service for items that are not available anywhere else, hard to get, or highly specialized to the 924/944/928 family. I don't need to rely on Ideola's Garage to put food on my table (thankfully). It's something I do for fun and because I'm passionate about these cars. Occasionally, I am not able to reply as quickly as others because I do travel extensively for my day job. This was one of those cases.

I believe Barry was ultimately satisfied with what I provided to him. I am disappointed that he felt it necessary to air out on a public forum with a very small window of time to correct the gap in communication. Ultimately, it is my responsibility as a vendor and seller to provide good service, and in this case, I didn't achieve the high standards my customer expected and deserved. For that I apologized. I hope to continue providing excellent service to all of you in the future, and I'm grateful for the many kind words and patronage.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Ideola!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Perhaps mods could send this thread to the abyss? Or the PO delete/lock it?
Don't want someone searching and getting the wrong impression by not reading the entire thread.
I will continue to do business with you Dan!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Eturbo924
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey the way I see it... misunderstandings happen... some times even the wrong part is shipped. (I have received parts from very highly respected vendors that were the wrong ones).

Frustration is understandable but it seems both parties were happy in the end.

No reason to flame anyone.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:39 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ideola
WTF, did you bother to try to reach out to DC area listers for a meet n greet?

NOOOOO....

Wheres my moderator?

I'll get my coat....
Old 03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Barry Johnson
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ideola
...Barry became concerned when I didn't respond to an email and a voice mail within 24 hours, and contacted the moderator, who contacted me.

Barry's communication with me occurred while I was traveling for business for two solid weeks between 14-24 February...

...I am disappointed that he felt it necessary to air out on a public forum with a very small window of time to correct the gap in communication...
I said I wouldn't reply further, but now I have to...

Dan, I wouldn't have made this thread if it was as simple as 24 hour no-contact, c'mon, that would be ridiculous... I order parts almost on a weekly basis from all over, and I often sell parts myself--I know the routine. It shouldn't take a moderator to get your attention. Please don't try and make it seem as if I was being unreasonable and wasn't doing my part in contacting you. That is just not true. I understand parts sometimes take time to get if not in stock, but as a vendor, it's your responsibility to let the customer know what's going on with your schedule and any hang-ups when they are expecting parts. Had this happened, I would have been completely understanding, just like I was when we conversed about the 2nd invoice

Bottom line, it has been resolved and I am happy with the parts that I've received, price paid and drop-shipping.

When I did receive contact, Dan was overall professional in demeanor, and really does do this as a way to bring cool products to the Porsche marketplace, with little to no profit. It's my opinion that this is a guy who does care about the cars and the improvement of them, and I have respect for that, just as he's stated above.
I have not/did not/will not say that anyone should avoid buying his parts or anything against him as a person, let that be very clear

Thread is done and yes, should be locked. If I can do that, I will, no need to drag this out further.

Quick Reply: Ideola's Garage - Experiences