Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideola's Garage: New Website Launch

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ideola's Garage: New Website Launch

Now that we are an official Rennlist small business partner, we are happy to announce the launch of (drumroll please):
ideola's garage.

One of the exciting things that has happened recently is that both IMI and Cometic have agreed to work with us on making products available on an individual purchase basis. We recently organized two group buys for the IMI starters here on Rennlist. No other reseller currently carries these starters, and up until now, they were ONLY available via the group buys we organized. There have been continued requests for these items, so we can now fulfill individual orders, and we're offering $20 off all IMI starters between now and Christmas => CLICK HERE for IMI Starters.

In early 2009, we worked directly with Cometic to commission the never-before-available MLS head gasket for the early 924 platform. As a direct result of that effort, we can now source individual purchases of any MLS head gasket for the 924, 944, or 928. We're currently offering $10 off all Cometic MLS gaskets between now and Christmas => CLICK HERE for Cometic MLS Gaskets.

Having said all of that, we will still be very active in pursuing group buys for any product needed by the community, and there is a section on the site dedicated to that, with a listing of all current and past group buys. We currently have two group buys going, one for main & rod bearings for the early 924 platform, and one for key blanks which are suitable for all 924 / 924S / 944. Please check the links for more details.

Another key feature of the site is complete shopping cart integration for our "Used Parts Bin". This section utilizes a mashup we wrote incorporating our Picasaweb used parts albums and shopping cart functionality (for an example, check out the Suspension Swag). This should make it easier to view, update, and purchase any of our used parts. Of course, if you prefer using private messaging here on Rennlist, that's fine too. We are currently running a Christmas Special 30% discount on the listed prices for ALL used parts in the used parts bin.

The site includes a Downloads page, where we're planning to centralize access to a bunch of unique resources we've posted here and elsewhere in the past. We have a good start on content already, and we're not limiting it to just stuff we've authored...if you have something you want to share and make available for download, just shoot me a PM or use the online Contact form.

Of course, we have the obligatory "about" section...

Please stop by and take a look. We'd love to get your feedback. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:06 PM
luftpirate
Pro

Congratulations, I'm sure Ill be coming to you for a starter once mine craps out.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
moorepower
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go, Dan. You've hit the big time at last.

That's a great site you've got there, and I'm sure you'll constantly make it better.

Small Business Partner? Does all this mean we'll have to start calling you "sir" now?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by moorepower
Small Business Partner? Does all this mean we'll have to start calling you "sir" now?
God, I hope not! I would have been happy to just do everything as "ideola"...the small business partner thing is really just a formality to stay within the rules here at Rennlist.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Great to hear Dan! Definitely planning on ordering some parts from you in the near future.
Great prices on Cometic stuff...lower than anywhere else I could find
Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

im interested in those gaskets, what kind of issues might i run into using like a .060 or .080 gasket on a non-decked block but shaved head?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:32 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

You would need to figure out how much compression height you're giving up by shaving the head in order to know what size gasket to use to make it up (assuming you want to keep your CR the same as stock).

The other important thing to be aware of is that if you're not certain the block is true, it may not be a good idea to run one of the Cometic gaskets. Cometic recommends a surface finish of 50 RA (roughness average) or finer for proper sealing, so if you haven't had the block clean cut recently, you could potentially have issues with the head gasket sealing.

While that sounds scary...one could argue the same is true for installing a standard head gasket as well...

How much material did you remove from your head?

When's the last time your block was skim cut?

Have you had the block checked recently (or ever) for straightness?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Quick update, due to popular demand, we are running another group buy for the 924 2.0L rod bolts from ARP. These are unavailable anywhere else. All of the details on the group buy are posted on 924board.org.

On a related note, as a result of that effort, we can also now source the ARP rod bolt set for the entire range of 924S-944-951 cars ($139.00, part # 204-6002), and we also can source the ARP Head Studs ($108.20, part # 251-4701) for the 2.0L platform.

Don't forget, the Holiday discount is still going on for the IMI starters and Cometic gaskets.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I finally got around to installing the Hi-Torque starter...
It definitely is quicker to fire-up, which is especially helpful for guys like me running E85.
Also has a cool wind-down wine

Dan (ideola) was great to do business with. Excellent communication, and very prompt.
I will do business with again
Old 01-19-2010, 10:54 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

@Rogue_Ant
Thanks for the bump!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 AM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

nice site ideola, very nice. ill be browsing and i have my eye in a few things already. lol. wish you and your business much much success. ^_^
Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

couple of pics you probably already have.

cool door handles (bottom).

Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Ideola's Garage: New Website Launch