Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need details on the late impulse sender

Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I need details on the late impulse sender

I'm trying to keep my cable driven speedo, but my Dad thinks he can make the new late speedo work, ha. So could somebody give me a bunch load of details on the impulse sender, and some thoughts on how I would install it on my transmission? I have a 88 944S parts car I could just pull it off of, and I won't swap the transmissions. So basically is it do able without swapping transmissions?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why won't you swap the transmissions? this is the easiest solution. Transmission swap would only take 4 hours or so if you don't run into huge issues. Especially if you already have the parts car, why not? Although you'd have to figure out the wiring of it.

All I know about the sender is it goes basically in the driver side of the transmission and appears to enter towards the axle hub coming from the transmission to the CV.

They cost about 60-80 I believe, and I have one that was only used for about 4 months if you want I could sell it to you for 50 shipped. Let me know if you end up needing one.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yabo
Why won't you swap the transmissions? this is the easiest solution. Transmission swap would only take 4 hours or so if you don't run into huge issues. Especially if you already have the parts car, why not? Although you'd have to figure out the wiring of it.

All I know about the sender is it goes basically in the driver side of the transmission and appears to enter towards the axle hub coming from the transmission to the CV.

They cost about 60-80 I believe, and I have one that was only used for about 4 months if you want I could sell it to you for 50 shipped. Let me know if you end up needing one.

Thanks for the info!

I don't want to swap my transmission because the PO used to track my 924S, and he had some special gears or something put into it. I don't know all of the details, but he did a lot to it so I'd rather leave it alone. lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need details on the late impulse sender