Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AGLA leather shiftboots ,steering wheel kits ,and wheel restoration

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AGLA leather shiftboots ,steering wheel kits ,and wheel restoration

AGLA STEERING WHEELS RESTORATION ,SHIFBOOTS AND STEERING WHEEL KITS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first post to all of you in Rennlist.With help from Kong in Rennlist.
We got things going today for me to start being a sponsor today March 10th 2009 .So I am very happy to communicate what is it AGLA does. AGLA makes and restores them also to oem specs .I have had clients world wide now over the last 20 years making variations of Porsche items available in stock, custom colors and even alcantara .

Starting with the our wheel kits- Our wheel kits cover the spokes on all our kits There are 2 variations on the 3 spoke wheel kit and on 4 spoke wheels on 944
wheels there were 3 kits that could fit correctly.So although the wheel look the same there are subtle differences over the 944 range .My web site explains this in more detail at the Porsche page at www.aglausa.com

Possible our biggest item we make here at AGLA is wheel restoration.We restore the wheels back to oe specs .We handsew them covering the spokes.
On the 4 spokes its quite a bit of sewing especailly over those long spokes but we make them like new again with all new leather.

We also make the leather shifboot kit that requiers some minor assembly and gluing .As all of you know they wear out quickly. We sell them through many vendors of mine however some will only sell black or brown.We have rare colors like linen ,grey beige and others odd special order colors.
We also make the complete **** and boot unit with 5 speed emblem that looks like the oe black emblem . We even have rare dog leg 5 speed emblem if you prefer .It fits in place without gluing in seconds.

Other items we make for the 944 is the handbrake unit that covers that ugly exposed metal grip on the emergency brake.They never came that way however we cover a leather grip and the leather continues on down to the floor.I started making those years ago when I first went in a 944 and the forst thing i saw was that exposed metal that I thought was quite out of place.There is a picture of it at my porsche page at www.aglausa.com

Also I will post some pictures here later of some recent wheels and boots I have made.Feel free to ask me any questions about steering wheels ,shiftboots and *****.I like to think after all these years I have gotten a sense of all sort of issues when it comes to the main items you interact the most when you drive your944

So thanks for stoping by and reading my post starting out introducing myself and AGLA to all of you at RENNLIST-THANKS

ALAN GUN,President AGLA,inc.( alan gun leather accesories
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Clint's 944
Burning Brakes

I've bought some of your stuff before and was impressed with the quality and ease of installation!

Welcome!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 PM
944GT
Intermediate

MR. Gun: welcome to rennlist,very nice products

cheers:GEORGE
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clint's 944
I've bought some of your stuff before and was impressed with the quality and ease of installation!

Welcome!
+1
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have your full shift boot and it is great except for one thing. If you park your car in the Arizona sun for a couple hours in August, the glue for the shift emblem gets soft. My emblem is now a bit off center.
I do admit that if the shift lever was sharper I could probably use it to roast a chicken at that time of year so it's not exactly your fault.
The nice thing is, I can fix it next summer.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in pictures of a 944 Handbrake Cover. I hate the way that thing looks! Would love a more modern look on it. I don't see any on your site sadly.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:04 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

If you want you can hit it with some heat from a heat gun/paint stripping gun- but no more than 5 seconds at a time @ 10-12 inches away.Pre '09 944 emblems we used were hot glued.Recently I have updated to have the full plastic ring insert emblem that sit in on newer supplied boot units here at AGLA.Before we used an emblem that look like the real thing but was as thick as a quarter and was glued in place.These stay in place .
I can always warranty it for you and send you a replacement emblem.
Alan gun
www.aglausa.com
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
DarylJ
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've bought the ALGA wheel recover kit - it was a few nights of pain sewing it on while watching TV, but it looks absolutely perfect now - it was a great fit. You guys make nice stuff.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

AGLA is good stuff. Happy customer several times over!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

The handbrake unit is my part number #944HBB
As i change things on the web site I now see it missing
Cost is 4299 plus shipping 7.95
You can call me at 1.800.780.4500 or email directly for address /card info at agla@gate.net
Any major card or I can send you paypal invoice is accepted.
thanks
A gun
PS All the nice comments mean alot to me - it really does - I feel like I found my home again- we were in ebay for years but to many of you demanded that I come over to rennlist- now i see why.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

AGLA, your stuff does seem to look nice, but the pictures on your site are *tiny*.

They would probably be more appealing if people could get a better look with a larger shot.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:00 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

I am trying to update the web site with better pictures however as you can see some have seen my work and like it .
Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AGLA
I am trying to update the web site with better pictures however as you can see some have seen my work and like it .
Oh, certainly. When something comes highly recommended, that's always a bonus.

But a picture isn't just for seeing if something is good. It's also for seeing if something is to your particular taste. Interiors are a matter of preference, and, personally, I feel more confident about buying the better idea I have what something's going to look like in my car.

I look forward to those larger pictures.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Is there somthing in particular you are looking for your 944 ?
I can always email you pictures .Also I have an ebay auction on 996 wheels that have all sorts of woild colors /padding /custom work.
Here's the link

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...3AIT&viewitem=
Old 03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AGLA
Is there somthing in particular you are looking for your 944 ?
I can always email you pictures .Also I have an ebay auction on 996 wheels that have all sorts of woild colors /padding /custom work.
Here's the link

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...3AIT&viewitem=
Not in particular; but I'm making some plans to put a lot of money into the car in the near future (LS1 swap, turbo trans, better suspension, new paint), and am shopping around for other ways to spruce it up.

The interior is going to get some aluminium trim, new carpet, and maybe a new shifter.

I haven't quite decided what to do about the steering wheel yet. I have a momo 78 model wheel, which I love, but the suede is kind of worn. This looks a bit dingy, but feels great in the hands, so I'm kind of torn as to whether to replace or not.

If you have any fun suggestions, I am all ears.

Quick Reply: AGLA leather shiftboots ,steering wheel kits ,and wheel restoration